Quake3World.com Forums
     id legends
        What do you think are must haves for (ezquake's)quakeworld?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: What do you think are must haves for (ezquake's)quakeworld?

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 11-14-2006 02:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi.

I just downloaded EzQuake's Quakeworld(and if you recommend something other then ezquake I'm open to suggestions) to have something free to play with a few buddies. So I'm curious, what are the must have downloads for Quake1/quakeworld? I'm looking for quality graphic updates if avaliable for it, maps, simple mods such as q1's equivilent to OSP and rocket arena, popular DM maps such as ztn3dm3 and aerowalk, both of which I'm having NO luck on finding and some singleplayer maps which will probably get the most use for co-op since my freinds wont play anything with(against) me in anything except Halo(and only blood gulch) :puke::dork::icon22::icon13:.

Also, how do you change the resolution of the game? I went to video settings were it has the list of resolutions but I cant figure out how to change it.
And how do I change the lightning gun bolt? I'm having a hard time visually seeing what it's doing becuase it's so spread out and flares out very randomly.. It doesnt look anything like the LG bolts I see in Quake1 pic's or video's *shrugs Does anyone have a short recommended cfg setting I can use for it?

Thanks. :icon26:

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 11-17-2006 05:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Personally, I use the FuhQuake mod. It's in the stickies. It handles the resolution settings and does a pretty damn good job of updating the graphics. Very easy to config. But I don't play multi so another choice may be better in that aspect.

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 11-20-2006 03:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here are some re texturing files for q1 clients (works with equake, etc).

http://facelift.quakedev.com/

Now you should also visit this forum and look around for peoples custom cfgs, something that's essential if you're a quake tweak monkey like me. :D

Try searching for a thread with cfgs or start a new one. You will be able to make out most of the commands by looking at the cfg, experiment etc. Most of the commands should be pretty much self explanatory.

http://quakeworld.nu/forum/viewforum.php?id=8

I think most people won't mind helping out seeing as it's always good to get fresh blood into the game :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | id legends

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.