Quake3World.com Forums
     id legends
        Warsow 0.3 Released

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Warsow 0.3 Released

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 05-16-2007 02:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Warsow 0.3 Released - 79MB

- Warsow 0.3 @ Pourix
- Warsow 0.3 @ Tonsite
- Warsow 0.3 @ Iwnabe
- Warsow 0.3 @ SnapCase
- Warsow 0.3 @ EscapedTurkey

- Linux + more Windows mirrors here.

- ChangeLog

Quote:
Warsow is a free standalone first person shooter game for Windows and Linux.
It is based on the Qfusion 3D engine (a modification of the Quake 2 GPL engine), and aimed on the competitive scene, or the e-sports community.

It is developed with a focus on fast-paced gameplay and trix (trick jumps).
The game comes with several gametypes and a complete Power-up System including Weak and Strong fire mode for each weapon.

The graphics are cartoonish with celshading-like_but_not_Manga style.

Screen Shots

Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Source: Warsow

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-16-2007 04:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh man, this is awsome. Warsow is really fun to play every once and a while. I see they've redone all the models, too.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-17-2007 10:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

looks nice.

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 05-18-2007 11:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The worst thing about warsow is the different armor systems and different ammo types. I pretty much stopped playing after my 3rd game when I found out, "you need to pick up stronger ammo because the default is weak" :icon27:

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 05-18-2007 11:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dzjepp wrote:
The worst thing about warsow is the different armor systems and different ammo types. I pretty much stopped playing after my 3rd game when I found out, "you need to pick up stronger ammo because the default is weak" :icon27:

but if everyone starts the same, what's the problem?

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 05-19-2007 08:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's not very noobie friendly, that's what

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 06-05-2007 09:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Very little about the game is noobie freindly with it being a lot like CPMA and all(but strafe jumping is easier to start for those with no quake experience). But going back to the strong/weak ammo thing, after awhile it grows on you. I was doubtful at first but I think after awhile you see that it gives you more creativity in map control. Fortunately Clan Arena is quite freindly for new comers and for once I can say this warsow in CA has become quite popular in north america!! There are one or two servers that are packed most of the time. Before it was just a few 1v1's and random pickups. lol

few issues with 0.3 though..
1)when you download a map from a server it names it incorrectly and gives you an error.. easy to fix, just close warsow and find the file and remove the ".tmp" part of it's name. Still a pain in the ass, especially on the race(think defrag mode) servers and the countless costom maps that are played on them.
2)I personally think strong rockets are simply overpowering now that the EB(rail) and riotgun(shotty) have been cutdown in usefullness.
3)STill no warsowTV!!! :(

having a blast with it though.

I'll usually be in Slims 0.3 Clan Arena server in Denver. alias being m1ndphuq

Oh yeah for a decent serverbrowser.. http://dpmaster.deathmask.net/?game=warsow
peace

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-06-2007 03:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I played Warsow 0.32 for a bit and it definitely was good fun. Haven't really gotten into how the armor or ammo system works but tbh I'm not a big fan of the CPMA-type armor system. Guess I'll have to get some more experience before I can truely accurately judge the game's gameplay.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 12-17-2007 12:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Still not a fan of the weapon balance in warsow(0.32), the weapons in general feel really underpowered. hopefully they fix that in 0.4, which appears as if it will have a handful of nifty upgrades and features, new graphics, warsowTV and other misc stuff. :up:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | id legends

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.