Quake3World.com Forums
     id legends
        RTC-3057 and phobos mods

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: RTC-3057 and phobos mods

Primal screamer
Primal screamer
PostPosted: 06-20-2007 05:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

are these projects dead? RTC-3057 is suppose to have 3 hubs. and only one has been released and that was about 3 or 2 years ago. Last update on phobos was in 05 or 06. So I'm assuming they are.

rtc-3057 is a mod for doom 2, one of my favorites, kind of like system shock. Phobos is a doom 3 mod.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 06-20-2007 07:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The RTC team overextended their abilities and started working on Phobos -- neither will ever be finished, I am sure. And that is really tragic -- RTC is the best thing to ever come out for DOOM II single player.

Primal screamer
Primal screamer
PostPosted: 06-21-2007 07:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mogul wrote:
The RTC team overextended their abilities and started working on Phobos -- neither will ever be finished, I am sure. And that is really tragic -- RTC is the best thing to ever come out for DOOM II single player.

I know, I feel the same way. I checked on it since I didn't keep up with it for 2 or 3 years, no new hubs.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 06-21-2007 02:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's not going to happen, I guarantee it. It was one of those things that was just way too good to be true -- and way too complicated and difficult for a mod team to get done.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-21-2007 03:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

*cue violin music*

I wish someone would make the Spider Mastermind, Arachnotron, and Pain Elemental for Doom 3 :tear:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | id legends

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.