Quake3World.com Forums
     id legends
        I beat Doom 3 on Hard with Berserk in one sitting last night

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: I beat Doom 3 on Hard with Berserk in one sitting last night

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 07-06-2007 02:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And now.... Even after waking up... I still feel lost... Why oh why did I agree to this!!!

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-06-2007 02:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Err how? Isn't there a sea between you and Berserk?

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 07-06-2007 02:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Err how? Isn't there a sea between you and Berserk?

Internets dear laddy! Its whats for dinner!

That and open coop helped.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-06-2007 03:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

right, there's a D3 coop that actually works?

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 07-06-2007 06:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
right, there's a D3 coop that actually works?

Erm... Open coop 1.1 worked fine. Only problem was that in the level where you move the crane, the key wont work, so you just keep cheats enabled and then noclip through the door. After that its perfectly fine.

So yeah, theres a coop that works, and it has one bug. Even that one bug isn't anything to write home about.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 07-06-2007 06:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There are a few bugs actually. Some of the doors and secrets won't open. In the fight against sarge, if you die you spawn outside of the room and can't get back in.

When actually playing in coop, there are a couple of maps that won't load for the client computers.

But overall, it's pretty good and fun.

There is also Last Man Standing coop though I haven't tried it since it doesn't yet support the latest patch (they say they're working on it).

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 07-06-2007 06:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I did notice some of the PDA's didn't show up at some points. But we didn't really die that much to notice those kind of bugs.

Doom 3 wasn't made for coop play in mind... But the thing is, it only really takes a few changes for it to work coop wise... So stupid idsoftware said "Nobody wants coop" and just ignored it... That would of been so cool to get a REAL coop out the door :(

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 07-06-2007 06:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"would have"

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 07-06-2007 09:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

played through a few times. LMS is just a flat out bad mod.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-06-2007 09:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
There is also Last Man Standing coop though I haven't tried it since it doesn't yet support the latest patch (they say they're working on it).

lol, 1.3.1? It's a piece of shit and so far the good D3 players have refused to download it :icon14:

And I love LMS :)

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 07-06-2007 09:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DTS wrote:
"would have"

Fuck off you stupid cunt and go be a prick in RnR/GD.

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 07-07-2007 10:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hmmmm Doom 3... not that bad of a game as everyone would have put it. I played through both Doom 3 and RoE 2 months ago, I liked it, lots of action.

The only problem I had was in hell, the first teleporter wouldn't work for me, so I had to no-clip. I had the same problem on the old computer (before I didn't think of using no-clip so that's where I stopped playing) and I was suprised to see it appear on the new machine too, but eh. It's cool how you can no-clip to infinity though and then fall from far away :D

Primal screamer
Primal screamer
PostPosted: 07-25-2007 09:11 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

did anyone find the super secret quake 3 rocket launcher?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-25-2007 09:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm playing through Doom 3 again and will be doing the same with RoE as well :icon14:

What an amazing game Doom 3 is.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | id legends

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.