Quake3World.com Forums
     id legends
        I reinstalled Quake 1

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: I reinstalled Quake 1

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 08-11-2007 10:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Winquake actually, and you know what? It's as good as it was when I first played it back in the year 1653 AD. I expected it to be horribly pixellated and generally naff, but it's not! Well yeah, it's pixellated but in higher screen res, it's not a problem. The sounds are still great. And when I played it back in the 17th century, I never knew a thing about strafejumping. So testing it now, to me it's almost as good as in quake 3. Certainly better than in quake 4. The whole pace of quake 1 is nice and fast. It's quite a buzz really! :)

leilei
leilei
PostPosted: 08-11-2007 08:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Good! I'm glad you appreciate Quake in its original form. Don't listen to any jerks telling you to upgrade to a flat color cheatworld 'port'. You are experiencing the Quake experience by not falling for such craps. We need more people like you !

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 08-11-2007 08:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh fucking horseshit. The original was flat color, and what are you talking about 'cheatworld'? I experienced the 'Quake experience' back when it came out too. The visual improvements do exactly that. Improve the visual. As long as it doesn't effect gameplay then there's no harm. FuhQuake does exactly that. Improves the visual without changing the gameplay. I think your pixels will appreciate you for that.

leilei
leilei
PostPosted: 08-12-2007 09:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-13-2007 08:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

geilei is confusing hacks with QuakeWorld.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-13-2007 11:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I tried running dos quake in vpc 2004 and it ran too fast I think it was because cool n quiet.

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 08-24-2007 11:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i use ezquake, with updated models and textures. the weapon models are pretty sweet, but i dont like the player model. looks like some kind of baby faced faggot, so I stick with old faithful on that front.

Fear the Mullet
Fear the Mullet
PostPosted: 09-03-2007 10:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have zelTF and nQuake and the textures and shit are all updated, but the game-play is smooth and fast.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-06-2007 10:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
geilei is confusing hacks with QuakeWorld.

Geil ei... now there's a dis that most won't understand :olo:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 09-12-2007 08:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 09-23-2007 04:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

horny? :X

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | id legends

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.