Quake3World.com Forums
     id legends
        Last Man Standing Beta 2

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Last Man Standing Beta 2

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 04:08 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

As we have no Doom 3 forum as of yet, I'll post this here:

http://lms.d3files.com/

Latest beta adds multiplayer co-op, and even lets you play the original maps co-op, as well as their own custom ones.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 04:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool... does it really work?

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 06:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In a word, 'yes'. I can't remember off the top of my head whether the guys on the team were *just* going to rejig the original maps or create some new ones.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 07:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There are new maps to co-op on or you can play the id maps, but they aren't "officially" supporting play on the id maps.

Anybody up for a game of co-op? (can't wait to be saying this about my Xbox version :D)

Faded Dream
Faded Dream
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 07:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mogul wrote:
There are new maps to co-op on or you can play the id maps, but they aren't "officially" supporting play on the id maps.

Anybody up for a game of co-op? (can't wait to be saying this about my Xbox version :D)

dude i'll JOIN you in XBox if it doesn't require LIVE! to go thru

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 10:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool man... yeah, I don't have xbox live, so we'll have to see.

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 02-13-2005 05:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think there is another coop mod that fully supports playing on the id maps... don't remember the name. Supposedly it works quite good. :shrug:

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 02-13-2005 10:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I played some lms a couple of nights ago, and I think it has a future, but right now it is clearly beta.

The music volume isn't seperated from the sound effects volume, so if you want to play with your normal sound effect volume, the music is blaring in your ear. The music itself is really, really average American metal style. The gameplay is completely 100% mindless, and the game system is different... the weapons operate differently in a way that actually hurts gameplay, with no clear purpose.

Like I said though, in a year, when everything's cleaned up, this could be really cool. :)

I'll look for that other mod and see if it exists.

EDIT: In other words, until something for PC comes out, I cannot WAIT until XBox co-op is out. :D

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 08:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mogul wrote:
....In other words, until something for PC comes out, I cannot WAIT until XBox co-op is out. :D
That'll probably be the one thing that really makes D3 on the XBox worth the buy. A *lot* of people have been crying out for co-op on PC but as you pointed out it's gonna take a while for that to happen based on community effort alone.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 02:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh, definitely. I'd never buy the XBox version if it weren't for the co-op. :)

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 03:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I shall rent it and take a good week to go through it with my bro. Hope the gfx don't suck too bad. :D

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 03:18 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh shiat... unless it dosen't have split screen. :(

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 02-28-2005 11:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No, it doesnt have split screen, but since you can play through system link, xbconnect will work.

Open coop is probably better for the normal id maps. cinimatics work, but a few of the maps still dont work. I guess they have to alter them. http://opencoop.doom3maps.org/

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 02-28-2005 04:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kat wrote:
In a word, 'yes'. I can't remember off the top of my head whether the guys on the team were *just* going to rejig the original maps or create some new ones.

There has been many bug fixes regarding to the SP map support and should be added to the upcoming 0.3 release.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 01:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OT, but I demand someone fixes Kat's icon...
Didn't recognise him without the Tiger :D

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | id legends

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.