Quake3World.com Forums
     id legends
        33 best FPS of all time! Faces are gonna be palmed!

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 33 best FPS of all time! Faces are gonna be palmed!

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-13-2009 12:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.pcaction.de/Die-33-besten-Eg ... ew/452/1/1

Oh dear... Oh deary dear...

First of all, this list has Doom 3 (Ok, understandable) and Quake 4 (lol, just no).

But notice anything else...? No Quake 1? No Doom 1? Deus Ex? Fallout 3?

Wow... That list is a bit... lol...

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 03-23-2009 08:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's germans

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 03-26-2009 12:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo: I was going to say the same. Silly Germans.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-27-2009 12:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It might be worth noting that Id games have been censored in Germany before. I don't know if they are still censored now, but they might be.
Or they were rated X or something and had to be bought under the counter, not displayed or advertised, people had to ask for them at the counter.

A commercial German gaming site like that might be required or feel obligated to not mention such games because it could be construed as advertising.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-30-2009 04:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dunno about all of the id games, but in germany, Wolf3D was banned because of nazi symbolism. Nintendo of America required the SNES version of Wolf3D to be edited so that no nazi symbolism was visible anymore. I think Unreal Tournament was banned in germany as well.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-31-2009 07:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Probably because of this:

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 03-31-2009 07:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:smirk:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-31-2009 02:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That video is fake

Quote:
Angry German Kid (a.k.a. Der echte Gangster, Slikk or Leopold) is a talented actor of age 15 from Bergisches Land, Germany. He plays a character, Der echte Gangster, a parody of a wannabe gangster. This fact has often been misunderstood, and as a result he has been subject to bullying both on- and offline (e.g. school). For this very reason, he stopped making videos for almost a year in 2006.

"I am not sick or mad, I only have a sense of humor not everyone immediately understands. In addition, I have acting talent. I can do something so real that many think it is real. For this reason I will be insulted by many and hated. The aim of my videos or movies is to entertain people, not provoke. Nobody should take my short videos on the Internet seriously - they are merely for entertainment. No matter what people think or say, I am a very normal boy with acting talent."
- N. K. (aka "Slikk" or "Der echte Gangster")

Video information:

This video was made as a response to some German politicians attempting to restrict access to violent video games. He was trying to show how they view gamers. Very amusing and intelligent. Too bad most people missed the point.

"Journalists" from Focus TV (Germany) used this as an example of an internet addict, claiming the kid to have been secretly taped by his father and to be undergoing therapy in addiction clinic. Naturally, this was not what "Leopold" understood to have agreed on when he gave approval for airing it on TV.

From the video description http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBVmfIUR1DA
I put that bit in red to show you have selfpwned by missing the point, just like it says.

It has sources linked there but the links are broken, or Google Translate isn't working.

Edit:
tl;dr: It's the reverse, that fake video was made because of the censorship, not the other way round.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 03-31-2009 03:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's why I smirked. It's pretty obvious.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-31-2009 03:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:
That's why I smirked. It's pretty obvious.

OK.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 03-31-2009 04:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I didn't know why he faked it. I just knew it was fake.

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 04-19-2009 01:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
http://www.pcaction.de/Die-33-besten-Ego-Shooter-aller-Zeiten-Special/News/article/view/452/1/1

Oh dear... Oh deary dear...

First of all, this list has Doom 3 (Ok, understandable) and Quake 4 (lol, just no).

But notice anything else...? No Quake 1? No Doom 1? Deus Ex? Fallout 3?

Wow... That list is a bit... lol...

are they in any kind of order, and why 33?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | id legends

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.