Quake3World.com Forums
     id legends
        RtCW/ioq3 port released (with co-op mode)

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: RtCW/ioq3 port released (with co-op mode)

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-30-2011 02:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://code.google.com/p/bzzwolfsp/

I'm not in any way involved in this project; I just happened to check on it today and noticed it was released a couple hours ago.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-11-2012 04:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Updated! It actually works now!

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-11-2012 10:20 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Coop mode? That's totally cool!

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-11-2012 11:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

and here I believed id when they said co-op in RTCW wasn't possible because of all the heavy scripting used in the SP.

(lol)

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-17-2012 02:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah! It's not like the guys at the mod team have had 11 years since it's release to make it work or anyth...oh wait.

RTCW is still quality, fair play.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-17-2012 03:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nobody wants co-op mode anyway
-- id

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-17-2012 03:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Indeed. First excuse was scripted events, then a lack of interest. Wonder what their excuse will be for Doom 4.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-17-2012 06:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
nobody wants co-op mode anyway
-- id

Proof they are having a hard time moving on from their 90s mentality. Gaming is more social now and playing through games like Serious Sam with friends is a genuine pleasure.

They will have realised by now...surely?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-17-2012 06:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

well, considering Serious Sam came out before Doom3, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-18-2012 12:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is true; though once you have made a game like Doom 3, surely it wouldn't take that much time to create a Serious Sam style run through game on the side as a nice little add on? You have all the textures, sounds, enemies etc so give 5 people 3 months of dev time to map out a shoot everything that moves wave based co-op romp for a giggle.

In fact thats a fucking brilliant idea. Why am I not employed in the games industry?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-19-2012 11:06 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don't underestimate the amount of work involved in creating a game like Serious Sam though. Also, doing SS with Doom3's level of detail takes much longer.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-19-2012 11:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

not to mention that amount of enemies in the doom3 engine will cripple your pc, especially back then.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-22-2012 12:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Serious Sam 3 anyone? Fanstic graphics, detailed environments and lots of enemies. The Doom 3 engine was created for the game that was made, not the one that most people wanted.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-22-2012 12:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not saying it's not possible, just that the assumption that (and I quote): "it wouldn't take that much time to create a Serious Sam style run through game on the side as a nice little add on" is an incorrect one :)

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-22-2012 02:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I guess so. I'd look into it if I had the time, skills and inclination to do so.
I bet it would be “easy” to create an arena based affair that would destroy modern machines though. Rocket Arena style map with waves of spawning enemies...
Rocket Arena maps don’t take long to build. The main thing would be the enemy waves and how you factored that into a game experience.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | id legends

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.