Quake3World.com Forums
     id legends
        No rest for the living

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: No rest for the living

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 10-06-2011 03:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So did anyone play this? Great mapset imo. Set a few speedrun records in it. If you're unaware it's an id sanctioned 9 level episode for Doom 2 on the 360

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-07-2011 09:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

( don't do Microsoft consoles. What's with putting everything on Xbox 360? Stuff should be on PSP IMO.
Doom is spent for me, though. I don't think I'll be playing it again.
Some really interesting new levels, higher colour pallete and better transparencies like on the PS1 version (Final Doom had those at least (aswell as improved, CD-quality, music)) and turbo mode might get me interested.

Co-op with bots (NPCs) might be an idea, too?

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 10-07-2011 03:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well it can be played on pc aswell, if you have the right connections.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-08-2011 04:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yes, there was a Doom2 360 thread in GD when it was released. it's a great episode IMO, very clever map design. some maps almost feel like modern DM maps with the way enemies spawn.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 10-08-2011 07:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I had quite a bit of fun playing through it. It's tough, too. I think I completed it on Hurt Me Plenty and I remember thinking on UV, it would be extremely difficult. Can't imagine it on Nightmare. :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | id legends

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.