Quake3World.com Forums
     id legends
        Free official webbased Wolf3D

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Free official webbased Wolf3D

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-09-2012 06:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

To celebrate Wolf3D's 20th anniversary, Bethesda has released a free, browser-based version of the game.

http://wolfenstein.bethsoft.com/

It didn't work in Firefox for me though, but Chrome handles it fine. Not sure if this is the same as the HTML5 Wolf3D posted before?

edit:
no, apparently it's not the same thing.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 05-09-2012 06:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Works in Firefox for me.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-09-2012 06:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah? It just shows the start screen for me which fades to black and then nothing happens.

Oh btw, there's also a YouTube video linked on that page. It's easy to miss though, but here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amDtAPHH-zE

It's a video podcast in which Carmack comments on the development of Wolf3D.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 05-09-2012 07:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It should show the title screen, then fade to black, then bring up the start menu. Just tried it again and it works. Maybe you have an addon or something blocking it?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-09-2012 07:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I dunno, whatever. I had it running properly in Chrome anyway.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 05-09-2012 07:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Access denied.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 05-09-2012 01:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^ Failed age verification? :olo:

Works for me in Firefox. Previous version posted here works much better though. This one doesn't run very smooth.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-09-2012 10:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Probably another Firefox issue.
Don't get me wrong, Firefox is my main browser, but when it comes to demanding HTML5 stuff (which this probably is) then Chrome is king. And it runs pretty smoothly in Chrome for me.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 05-10-2012 12:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Probably another Firefox issue.
Don't get me wrong, Firefox is my main browser, but when it comes to demanding HTML5 stuff (which this probably is) then Chrome is king. And it runs pretty smoothly in Chrome for me.

I'm using Google Chrome, too. It's great browser, but realy eats a lot of RAM.
obsidian wrote:
^ Failed age verification? :olo:
Works for me in Firefox. Previous version posted here works much better though. This one doesn't run very smooth.

Probably... As I've posted above this quote, I'm using Google Chrome (it's the absolute king of HTML5 view)...

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-14-2012 01:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
Sorry, your IP address shows you are coming from a country that requires us to block access to this particular site.

Click here (http://www.bethsoft.com) to check out our other games.

bah

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | id legends

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.