Quake3World.com Forums
     id legends
        DOOM II deathmatch at QuakeCon VoD

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: DOOM II deathmatch at QuakeCon VoD

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 08-05-2013 05:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.twitch.tv/quakecon/b/440423483?t=40m00s

Above is a fantastic Dwango5Map01 duel between my very good friend Chris "DevastatioN" Felix, and my acquaintance Jefferson "JKist3" Kist. The final 60 seconds of the match will blow your mind. Extremely exciting. I fucking love this game. Holy shit. They are using the Odamex source port. If anyone fancies some DOOM II dm, we should play. I'm interested in learning Odamex (been an avid ZDaemon enthusiast for about ten years now).

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-05-2013 11:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've never in my life played or watched a Doom or Doom 2 deathmatch but wow, that was pretty intense.
Loving that SSG. If your shot connects well, it's insta-death, but if your opponent survives, the reload time on that thing just turns the tables. I also find it interesting how Doom is a really different game from Quake. The weapons are very different as well. That might sound a bit weird but for instance, the RL is a completely different tool due to not being able to aim at a player's feet. In Quake, the RL is generally used to deal splash damage by hitting the floor near a player. In Doom that's not possible due to the rocket always going straight ahead, so you can only direct hit or use walls to deal splash damage. It completely changes the dynamics of the weapon.

The game after the one you linked to is cool as well. It rains frags! The pace of this game is just awesome. I hope id Software realizes this and makes the gameplay in Doom 4 as fast as this.

The emotional response from these two players is downright flat though. Emotionally eroded by all the violence I guess :p

edit:
watching the rapha vs evil finales now. Quite exciting stuff as well, especially the dm13 (Lost World) match. Never really watched Quake 3 matches like this. I like it :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | id legends

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.