Quake3World.com Forums
     id legends
        Quake 2 turns 17 today

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Quake 2 turns 17 today

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-09-2014 10:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yay!

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-09-2014 11:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dat hypnotic double shotgun rythm :)

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 12-10-2014 05:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've been playing online a bit in the last few days, still a fair number of people still fragging daily.

http://q2servers.com

Lightbringer
Lightbringer
PostPosted: 07-08-2015 08:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am old :cry: I still have my Quake 2 receipt from CompUSA, somehere

The Alpha and the Omega
The Alpha and the Omega
PostPosted: 05-26-2016 03:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We got a copy at Computer City in Dec. 1997 and I can remember the first time my step-dad at the time fired it up for me. I was one stoked little 10-year-old. I still fire up single player every now and then and even hit up some of the servers. I'm amazed that people can still be found playing online. Not a whole lot, but still! And that goes for many of the old greats. There will always be an active, albeit small, playerbase if the game is good. Time is the ultimate test of how great a game is. The more time passes with people still playing, the better the game is. Unfortunately, nothing can escape time and when the next massive shift in technology occurs, in which the desktop computer as we know it will be a rare site indeed, not even Q2 will survive.....the more time that passes the less compatible a game will be with your technology. It will get more and more difficult to play old games the more time passes. It will take more and more work to retrofit your rig to play something old. Eventually, only a select few die hard people with antique computers will be playing these old great games still in 100 years. If I'm still around then....I'm up for it. :up:

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 05-29-2016 08:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was 30.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 12-08-2016 10:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Computer City... CompUSA... both gone now, but brings back good memories.

I remember my very first time playing Quake 2, in software mode no less, but that first level blew my mind.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | id legends

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.