Quake3World.com Forums
     The Void
        Hard Liquor

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Hard Liquor

PostPosted: 09-04-2006 07:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We just had a beer thread not too long ago, I'm interested to see what kind of hard stuff you guys are drinking.

As for me, I just bought a bottle of Goldschlager. I've never had it yet, and want to finish up some homework before I crack it open. I've had some friends recommend it, but whenever I hear "cinammon shcnapps" I think pussy drink. Turns out it's over 40% alcohol and was on sale for $22 so I snagged a bottle.

Here's the only pic of the bottle I could find

and here's what it looks like in the glass:

Anyone try this before? And what do you guys like to sip on?

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 09-04-2006 07:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Presidente. Mexican brandy.

PostPosted: 09-04-2006 07:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think I've seen that before. I'm not much of a brandy drinker, when I do it's usually E&J. That Presidente stuff is nice and cheap though isn't it?

guru
guru
PostPosted: 09-04-2006 07:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I pretty much drank hard liquor only when I was partying from about 18-26 years old. Beer only came after I was drunk enough not to taste it...I didn't care for the taste of almost any beer for some reason, always seemed really bitter unless the taste buds were numbed. I drank a fair amount of Goldschalger. Tried Aftershock a few times but that tasted like a bad mouth wash. I drank enough Jaegermeister to keep the company in business for a few years I think. Much of that was in bull blasters - nothing is worse than drinking about 8 of those in one night on top of other shit. You get home and your heart is going about 200 beats a minute while the room is spinning and your brain is all groggy.

Otherwise it was good rum and coke.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 09-04-2006 07:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not too bad. $25 for 1.75l

PostPosted: 09-04-2006 07:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tnf wrote:
I pretty much drank hard liquor only when I was partying from about 18-26 years old. Beer only came after I was drunk enough not to taste it...I didn't care for the taste of almost any beer for some reason, always seemed really bitter unless the taste buds were numbed. I drank a fair amount of Goldschalger. Tried Aftershock a few times but that tasted like a bad mouth wash. I drank enough Jaegermeister to keep the company in business for a few years I think. Much of that was in bull blasters - nothing is worse than drinking about 8 of those in one night on top of other shit. You get home and your heart is going about 200 beats a minute while the room is spinning and your brain is all groggy.

I've never heard of Aftershock. Jager is always fun, I don't know what a bull blaster is - here we call them Jager bombs if it's the same thing - a shot of Jager dropped into half a glass of red bull that you have to chug? I've done a lot of those before during happy hour so it's 2 for 1 and know what you mean.

rum and coke, like vodka and red bull, is always a corner stone. I just like to try new things.

PostPosted: 09-04-2006 07:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scourge34 wrote:
Not too bad. $25 for 1.75l

oh, I think I've only seen them in .750s

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 09-04-2006 07:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PostPosted: 09-04-2006 07:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^ I've never seen that before, champagne?

guru
guru
PostPosted: 09-04-2006 07:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ctrlnuke wrote:
tnf wrote:

I've never heard of Aftershock. Jager is always fun, I don't know what a bull blaster is - here we call them Jager bombs if it's the same thing - a shot of Jager dropped into half a glass of red bull that you have to chug? I've done a lot of those before during happy hour so it's 2 for 1 and know what you mean.

rum and coke, like vodka and red bull, is always a corner stone. I just like to try new things.

Yea, its half a can of redbull and a shot of jaeger...they used to do them here in two glasses, the shot glass inside of the cup of red bull...but then they got lazy and just poured it all together. they were real popular 5 or 6 years ago. Expensive drinks. Give the aftershock a try sometime.

you ever had a prairie fire? tequila and tobasco...burns.

Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 09-04-2006 08:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ctrlnuke wrote:
We just had a beer thread not too long ago, I'm interested to see what kind of hard stuff you guys are drinking.

As for me, I just bought a bottle of Goldschlager. I've never had it yet, and want to finish up some homework before I crack it open. I've had some friends recommend it, but whenever I hear "cinammon shcnapps" I think pussy drink. Turns out it's over 40% alcohol and was on sale for $22 so I snagged a bottle.

Here's the only pic of the bottle I could find

and here's what it looks like in the glass:

Anyone try this before? And what do you guys like to sip on?

That stuff is fucking gross. It's just sickly sweet, there's nothing you can do with it other than pour it down the drain imho.

PostPosted: 09-04-2006 08:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm a fan of good vodkas and tequilas as a staple drink, plus jack & coke or jack & ice tea.

PostPosted: 09-04-2006 08:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just had a few ounces straight, it's interesting. I've never had anything cinnammon before, it has kind of a kick that reminds me of vodka - kind of that gross kick if you drink it straight. Not too sweet for my tastes, but I'm used to hypnotiq and that kind of stuff. I can't really comment on it anymore than that because I don't want to have too much tonight, I'm heading out to a hookah bar in about an hour or two.

6/10. I'd buy it again in a month or two if it was on sale again.

Probably would be better with ice cubes or something mixed. But I don't know of anything that would taste good with cinnammon. Dr. Pepper maybe? I'll have to try later.

Last edited by Guest on 09-04-2006 08:57 PM, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 09-04-2006 08:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tnf wrote:
ctrlnuke wrote:
tnf wrote:

Yea, its half a can of redbull and a shot of jaeger...they used to do them here in two glasses, the shot glass inside of the cup of red bull...but then they got lazy and just poured it all together. they were real popular 5 or 6 years ago. Expensive drinks. Give the aftershock a try sometime.

you ever had a prairie fire? tequila and tobasco...burns.

I tend to stay away from all tequila unless it's patron silver or platinum. In which case I'll just do a shot straight.

I used to do be into Flaming Jesus's, it's a straight shot of 151 on fire, that'll burn your throat pretty well. But I found out pretty fast that a drink like that can make or break the night.

Approaching the singularity
PostPosted: 09-04-2006 11:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The only kinds of liquor I drink straight are Single Malt Whisky and Calvados.

EDIT: single malt

Last edited by Grudge on 09-05-2006 03:31 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 09-05-2006 12:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Vodka with ice is my poison, sometimes some kind of whiskey.

That cinnamon/gold stuff is completely evil, stay away. Over here it's 50%.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 09-05-2006 03:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
I'm a fan of good vodkas and tequilas as a staple drink, plus jack & coke or jack & ice tea.

Don't care for Jack myself. I guess because it's more of a scotch than whiskey.

PostPosted: 09-05-2006 03:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I mostly drink beer or wine though, when I drink alcohol.

PostPosted: 09-05-2006 10:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ctrlnuke wrote:
...But I don't know of anything that would taste good with cinnammon...

Apple juice you dumb mother fucker

PostPosted: 09-05-2006 10:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o yeah

PostPosted: 09-05-2006 10:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
Vodka with ice is my poison, sometimes some kind of whiskey.

That cinnamon/gold stuff is completely evil, stay away. Over here it's 50%.

43.5% here, but it doesn't seem like a shot kind of drink, so it's not bad to sip on. Have a little drink after homework/before going out isn't bad at all.

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 09-05-2006 01:04 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I usually enjoy anything involving Scotch, Jack Daniels, or occasionally spiced rum.

PostPosted: 09-05-2006 05:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tormentius wrote:
I usually enjoy anything involving Scotch, Jack Daniels, or occasionally spiced rum.

I never really liked the taste of scotch, and I've had drinks from $500+ bottles. Scotch drinkers tend to be a lot more serious about buying nice bottles than others. Similiar to cognac and some wine drinkers I guess.

JD isn't bad, but I'll usually opt to spend a little more and buy a bottle of Crown Royal. I don't do much rum, rarely buy any, but all my friends are into captain.

Always Watching
Always Watching
PostPosted: 09-05-2006 08:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not cheap. Well worth a pour. And sometimes, I walk into walls.

Always Watching
Always Watching
PostPosted: 09-05-2006 08:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gran Patrón Margarita

2 oz Gran Patrón
1 oz Citrónge
Fresh lime juice
100 year old Grand Marnier

PostPosted: 09-05-2006 11:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ForM wrote:

Haha, you win. That's the shit. I've never even seen a bottle on sale and it's an average of $35 a shot at bars here.

cross-threaded
cross-threaded
PostPosted: 09-06-2006 05:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

...depending on the mood...

Always Watching
Always Watching
PostPosted: 09-06-2006 06:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ctrlnuke wrote:
Haha, you win. That's the shit. I've never even seen a bottle on sale and it's an average of $35 a shot at bars here.

Buy it online. Lowest price is 130 or so, highest 308

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 09-06-2006 07:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lots of morons in here...

Always Watching
Always Watching
PostPosted: 09-06-2006 08:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

says the house bitch

Go home and get your fucking shine box
Go home and get your fucking shine box
PostPosted: 09-06-2006 09:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ForM wrote:

:icon6:

I think I had the silver on my cruise. The best tequilla I've had.

Always Watching
Always Watching
PostPosted: 09-07-2006 01:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

While the same bottle size of the Silver is around 50 bucks, the Gran Patron is 180. Normaly I keep a bottle of the Reposada around.

Its not what ya call slam em back stuff.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 09-07-2006 01:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ctrlnuke wrote:
here we call them Jager bombs if it's the same thing - a shot of Jager dropped into half a glass of red bull that you have to chug?

Yep, Jager bombs here too.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 09-07-2006 02:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ForM wrote:
While the same bottle size of the Silver is around 50 bucks, the Gran Patron is 180. Normaly I keep a bottle of the Reposada around.

Its not what ya call slam em back stuff.

I've got a bottle of Oso Negro vodka here that I'm kinda scared of. Never tried Mexican vodka. But that tequila looks like very tempting.

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 09-07-2006 02:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

someone got me a bottle of redbreast for my birthday:

http://www.whiskymag.com/whisky/brand/r ... ky218.html

a good bottle to start drinking proper whisky with. lots of flavour and evaporates on your tongue, but it doesn't make you pull much of a whisky face :icon14:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | The Void

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.