Quake3World.com Forums
     Announcements
        Resources and Downloads

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Resources and Downloads

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 06-25-2006 07:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

These items are a little bit bare and are going to take some time to fill with content.

If you are new to the site and are looking for some Quake help and resources, visit the game specific forums and check out the sticky threads. If you still need help, go ahead and ask, but remember: we only help those who are willing to help themselves.

We aren't looking to fill the downloads section with every single map and mod out there, only the most basic and popular files that are needed to get into the game from a fresh install.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-25-2006 08:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well done Doomer. I tip my hat to you :icon26:

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 06-26-2006 04:35 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Are you missing one of the 3wave map packs? I have packs 0-4 in my baseq3, for 5 in all.

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 06-27-2006 01:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Good eye

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-27-2006 10:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

thx for making it so noone has to register at filefront or planet or whatthefuckever and wade thru 20 click-thrus to get a file capped @ 20K.

or..thx to whoever owns this place that gave you permission to finally host files, 7 years after the game came out.

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 06-28-2006 02:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PS I'm working on some bitorrent DVD ISOs comprising of ready-to-go Q3 installations (sans pak0 of course). Should include all the mods, maps, configs etc that most people need for server play. Might do a second one with an unholy amount of addons rather than just the core.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-28-2006 09:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you mean installs that are specific to each mod including the commonly used maps? or just one giant install with every mod and map under the sun?

did the massive map torrent ever get finished? i would like to get that.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-28-2006 11:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

how about adding the latest q4max and xbm releases to the q4 dl's?

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 06-28-2006 11:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

prince1000 wrote:
you mean installs that are specific to each mod including the commonly used maps? or just one giant install with every mod and map under the sun?

did the massive map torrent ever get finished? i would like to get that.

I mean a single installer that'll install the core files needed to play online - Q3, OSP, PB, CPMA, RA3, Overkill, Freeze, along with maps ztn, hub, CPM maps, 3wave maps, and a whole lot of player configs.

Then for another set just blast it with as many files as I can find that'll work together without breaking the game, different IOQuake builds, a lot of the map archive files, and so on.

Ordered a DVD burner today anyways so I can finally start storing more per disc. I think the nullsoft installer system can be tailored to prompt the user from an extra file (pak0.pk3) from a second disc.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Announcements

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.