Quake3World.com Forums
     Announcements
        QuakeCon 2007 Video Interviews: Toxic, Fox, Stermy, Dignitas

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: QuakeCon 2007 Video Interviews: Toxic, Fox, Stermy, Dignitas

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 08-15-2007 07:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

QuakeCon encompassed multiple games so I figured this would be the best forum :P.

I did a bunch of video interviews directly after the event which we're just getting up now, of four of the top players in the Quad-Damage tournament as well as the top two ET:QW teams. Players and teams interviewed include Johan "toxjq" Quick, Magnus "fojji" Olsson, Alessandro "Stermy" Avallone, Tim "DaHanG" Fogarty from the Quad-Damage tournament, with Team Dignitas and Team HOT from the ET:QW event.

The first interview up is that of Toxjq. Johan "toxjq" Quick didn't believe he would win QuakeCon 2007. Luckily for him the SLANT system didn't agree and Quake 4 was chosen as the random third map for all three of his biggest matches. Quick talks to Gameriot's United States of America Rod "Slasher" Breslau about his winning QuakeCon 2007 run, the upcoming WSVG Toronto event vs Poland Maciej "av3k" Krzykowski and his thoughts on his longtime teammates' struggle against him. "I think Sweden [Magnus] fox [Olsson] needs to watch more demos of himself playing and try to see why he's losing. It's not always about hitting your rails or hitting your shaft. You have to have some special tricks that only you know. Don't play so defensive, even if its a final. Sometimes you need to take big risks."

http://www.gameriot.com/news/4152/Toxjq ... -Quakecon/

I'll bump the thread with each new interview as I get them up. Hope people enjoy =p

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Announcements

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.