Quake3World.com Forums
     Announcements
        Custom Icon Requests 8.23.08

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Custom Icon Requests 8.23.08

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-06-2015 06:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also: no.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 11-06-2015 10:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That is the icon I want, but I can have a better rank:
Overpower is Overloaded

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 11-06-2015 01:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
This is not a board that accepts halfbaked icons.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 11-06-2015 01:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gustavo6046
Los Pollos Hermanos

:olo:

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 11-06-2015 02:39 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

But the background is meant to be a rainbow, it is based on a meme and isn't halfbaked, I spent hours on it on GIMP to make the meme and an error didn't let it to upload in memegenerator! Including, it is a very cool icon to me, I use it everywhere, even in Google! (only not in Soundcloud)
Also, I am brazilian, not argentinian to say Hermanos, but the scientist seems curious. :3

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 11-06-2015 04:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You've never watched Breaking Bad, have you? Gus is pretty bad ass.

http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Gustavo_Fring

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 11-07-2015 02:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And there is bad cock also! (No offense :) )

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 11-07-2015 03:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
Gustavo6046
Los Pollos Hermanos

:olo:

Good strike :olo:

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 11-07-2015 05:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If no one can get a decent icon or rank, you boys... what could I say of you? It's so bad!
Also Breaking Bad sux

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 11-07-2015 07:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ranks are usualy given for those, who seem to be a member some time (usualy few years, better a decade) and have some amount of posts. Also your icon should make a sense. Look at my icon. It clearly displays a movie character and has transparent background. I added an effect of glowing eyes as an animation and you can see it's decent. And the rank should be somewhat consequent to the rank image (for example playing with words - I have Hellboy on my image: Hell-boy, added additional words the (article) and good - resulting in this: The hell good boy). Or another example: scared had McDonald's logo as an image some time ago. Rank was somewhat funny. What I feed my kids. It seems funny especially when you think about what is McDonald's food made from. Yea, it was a troll prank, but it worked :) Be original, use your imagination, but it should make some sense :)

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 11-07-2015 09:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks czghostie!
PS >> The LEM forum seems too quiet...

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 11-10-2015 11:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sooo I learnt to use GIMP and...
Image: Image
PS: put some more smoke :)

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 11-11-2015 07:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Why hello there. I would like to have this:

Title: Reality is a lie.

Thank you.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-26-2016 07:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pwvj14eib8t6k90/AUDI.gif?dl=0

Can I get this one with the title Prestige?

Thanks

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 10-26-2016 09:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was going to switch it...but it looks like ass. You need to clean it up.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-27-2016 05:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kj6vgc992hiwl ... i.psd?dl=0

This is a link to .psd project file. I've got to be doing something wrong when I'm converting it to a .gif. If you can do something with it, great. If not, thanks anyway.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 10-28-2016 11:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

File > Save for web

Choose GIF, enable transparency but no transparency dither, matte: try either none or pick a dark gray like the forum background colour (print screen, drop it into Photoshop and use the colour picker).

The problem is that GIFs support only a single bit transparency, meaning on or off. There is no blending between aliased edges of those rings and the background. So you need to add a matte edge between the rings and background.

It's not rocket science.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-28-2016 03:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm not sure why the logo vibration slows down when the .psd is converted to a .gif.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qgktxi704u15x ... i.gif?dl=0

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 10-28-2016 07:47 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm done here till you post something with an image tag showing it looks good.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-28-2016 08:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The last render looked okay in the previews. The only problem I could see was the animation speed. I tried what Obs suggested but it didn't seem to make any improvements.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 10-28-2016 11:07 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It looked exactly the same.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Announcements

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.