Quake3World.com Forums
     Announcements
        Quake Live out of Beta

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Quake Live out of Beta

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-06-2010 01:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

id press release
Still not up yet 'tho. NEW MAPS!

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 08-06-2010 01:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool!!! Thanks for the heads up :)

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 08-06-2010 03:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's an easy decision on that subscription for me. Awesome.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 08-06-2010 05:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:up:

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 08-06-2010 07:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Since when was it subscription based? I thought it was just going to be ad supported.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 08-06-2010 07:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

New maps are cool, but I'm sure as hell not going to pay a subscription for them. Ad supported I'm fine with. Paying for private servers I'm okay with too. I'll stick to the free account, thank you very much.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 08-06-2010 08:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
New maps are cool, but I'm sure as hell not going to pay a subscription for them. Ad supported I'm fine with. Paying for private servers I'm okay with too. I'll stick to the free account, thank you very much.

Fucking :up:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-06-2010 10:35 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PhoeniX wrote:
Since when was it subscription based? I thought it was just going to be ad supported.

the whole ad thing kinda fell through, apparently.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-06-2010 11:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
PhoeniX wrote:

the whole ad thing kinda fell through, apparently.

Interesting, very interesting :smirk: :smirk:

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 08-07-2010 02:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I play it quite regularly and because of 20 new maps they've introduced (which you can only play in practise mode as a non subscriber) including 'Overkill', (remember that one on q3w CA?) am sort of considering a premium account at the outrageous and extortionate price of.......

£19 a year. Although you can't buy either premium or pro in the UK for another 24 hours.

It's got a revamped look to it. It also works in google chrome now which is great.
Some say the physics feel a bit smoother. I'm not sure I've really noticed that.
When you connect to a server, there's an ad for fallout instead of that quakelive bitmap, but apparently subscribers
don't get the ads. Tier skill levels are changing from 1 to 5, to 1 to 6. Not sure if that's implemented yet, the idea is to reduce tier slumming
and raping noobs.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-07-2010 03:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i dont mind buying content - i do it for some 360 games all the time - but renting content? err no.

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 08-07-2010 04:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, that's understandable. The way I see it is, if I decided to get a premium account, it would cost me less than the price of a pint of milk per week, or about 6 pence a day for a year. Wouldn't even notice it. But I think I'll sit tight for a bit, see how many of these private servers spring up, and see what the general verdict is.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 08-07-2010 05:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm a Premi ;D. Drum, have you actually TRIED running in chrome? It still says it's incompatible.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 08-07-2010 06:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Awesome. Start paying monthly and they're having internal server errors.

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 08-07-2010 06:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah juggs, before the error it's having now, I've had no problem as such with chrome. It did for a few moments give me the incompatible browser box for some reason. But other than that, it's working fine with chrome.

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 08-07-2010 06:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Screw that for a carry on. 2 years wasted on QL just for them to do this. I guess I'll go back to q2w for my quake fix.

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 08-07-2010 07:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm mad.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 08-08-2010 11:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
i dont mind buying content - i do it for some 360 games all the time - but renting content? err no.

$3.99/month essentially for a private server makes it worth it.

bling bling
bling bling
PostPosted: 08-08-2010 02:55 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

im not a fan of having to pay for new maps and game modes. seems to me that core content like that should be free for everyone especially since that precedent is already been somewhat established.

at any rate i will drop the money for a premium account but am on the fence if i'll go pro or not. i know i'd use the server spawning feature but ima wait to see if any of the regulars i play with have picked up a pro account cuz then i wouldn't bother :)

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 08-08-2010 03:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm getting crashing with Google Chrome when I flip between tabs; will stick with Firefox for now.

Wish they'd bump up max players to 24 :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Announcements

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.