Quake3World.com Forums
     Announcements
        TTimo Leaves id Software

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: TTimo Leaves id Software

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 01-27-2012 08:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

id Software's programmer Timothee "TTimo" Besset leaves the company after over a decade of service. TTimo has been instrumental in developing the level editing tools and supporting the mod community as well as making Linux ports to id Software titles. His latest work with id Software was with Quake Live.

Best of luck on future endeavours. It'll be hard for id Software to find someone to fill your shoes.

TTimo wrote:
Onwards!

I didn't realize it had been so long since my last post here. In a way I was waiting for something worth writing about, and that was a long time coming.

I resigned from id earlier this week. Folks who know me well were not terribly surprised, but I suppose I need to put that out there officially. I joined a small startup in Dallas, gaming related, but not fps or esports. Great people, great tech, and we're going to have a blast.

To 2012, wishing everyone a great year!

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 01-30-2012 09:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aye, (assuming he ever reads here) best of luck for the future TTimo. Hope the new company does fantastically well :)

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 02-02-2012 08:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Best of luck in your future endeavors, TTimo. And thanks for your service to the Quake and id Software communities.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 01-06-2015 10:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm not sure how long Lunaran has been working on this, seems like he makes a post in the screenshots thread a couple of times a year, but it's finally finished. It's a massively ambitious project that utilizes a lot of custom scripting to generate geometry and lighting.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Announcements

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.