Quake3World.com Forums
     Announcements
        GtkRadiant 1.6.2 (Stable Release)

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: GtkRadiant 1.6.2 (Stable Release)

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 05-24-2012 11:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GtkRadiant has hit a new stable release. See the announcement thread here

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 10-28-2012 05:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

When Radiant Team will announce new version? I'm pretty waiting much long time :)

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-29-2012 12:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CZghost wrote:
When Radiant Team will announce new version? I'm pretty waiting much long time :)

So erm, what exactly are you waiting for? Do you have issues with version 1.6.2? Has someone announced some feature you need? What is it?

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 10-29-2012 07:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The biggest problem is that Radiant 1.6.2 is strongly based on Radiant 1.4.0 and texture browser doesn't appear full in the context menu... If it was implemented in a texture window as in 1.5.0 then it should be okay...

Also, selecting items by bounding box isn't much clever option since when I try to open level made in 1.5 in the newest version and there's overlapping bounding box of two items, I'm able to select these items only by entity list (key L)
In 1.5 it's able to select items they're overlapping in bounding box by shift+click on them.

I never knew theres a surface inspector for curves (shift+s) in 1.4 and allways tried to use the normal SI for brushes. In 1.5 it's merged into one window...

1.5 allows to select brushes through the clipped one (it's just the camera half inside the brush, as the brush is in view still, but it's visible all behind it - and it's able to select), in 1.4 and eighter in 1.6 you can only select the brush in view it's copletely in focus (you're clicking on brush just behind the overlooked brush and you select the brush in focus)...

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 10-29-2012 07:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Despite the name, 1.5 is a completely different branch. GtkRadiant 1.6.3 won't help you with any of your issues as it implements none of them, so don't expect things to change for you any time soon. Other more prioritized issues are being implemented in the upcoming version.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 10-29-2012 10:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nobody says I must use the new branch...

I just want to try new one and if I wasn't happy with that, I just return to 1.5

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Announcements

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.