Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Q3 Wiki

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Q3 Wiki

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 10-22-2022 08:01 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello again. There didn't seem to be a wiki focused on Quake III information. So now there is. It is here:
<Removed>

I've been chucking bits of info into this for a while now. Maybe it's got something useful to you. Perhaps you have some info to contribute? It's a wiki, go for it.

I'm backing it up semi-regularly and possibly in future it might also move underneath the quake3world domain.

Last edited by Foo on 08-27-2023 10:59 PM, edited 1 time in total.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 10-24-2022 01:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I can see you've started the Q3 wiki on Miraheze. Why on Miraheze and not Fandom? Miraheze seems to be focused more generally than Fandom (though they do seem to be a competitor). Many gamepedia wikis are hosted on Fandom, including Minecraft (https://minecraft.fandom.com/). I guess the reason may be ads, because Fandom is a commercial project powered by ads. They don't specify much (and I have AdBlock enabled, so I don't see any ads), so I don't think that they're running a donation driven project, which is my educated guess based on the ".com" TLD that's mostly used by commercial subjects (whereas Miraheze sports a ".org" TLD, which is generally used for non-profit organizations). I don't personally think that ads would be a major issue for a fandom wiki though. Most readers have ads blocked anyway.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 10-24-2022 01:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And I've done first edit on the wiki. I've corrected the link to the Zerowing page, provided link to Wayback Machine snapshot from March 2005.

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 11-02-2022 08:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I love this idea. Swapped a word in the introductory page, and added release date information for a specific release. I'll add whatever information I can offer as I come across it.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 11-06-2022 11:08 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I only quite recently (few years ago) understood reference of your nickname, Dan :D Forrest Gump, innit? :D

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 07-06-2023 08:11 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Alright, gonna give up on hosting this over on Miraheze since they keep setting it to inactive when no edits are made for a week or so.
Hopefully Doomer is kind enough to spin up a mediawiki instance over here at some point, and I'll import the backup.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.