Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Widescreen + Intro Movies

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Widescreen + Intro Movies

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-12-2007 10:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I reinstalled Q3 and Wolfenstein after getting my new 24" Dell monitor, I've changed the game resolution to 1920x1200 using...

r_mode -1
r_customwidth 1920
r_customheight 1200

In game it works fine, but any .ROQ's playing like the intro movies just show up as black. It's not a big deal, but annoying none the less. Any way of fixing this?

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 01-04-2021 05:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, I am experiencing the SAME issue. I hear the sound but the video is blank where the id video usually is. I just converted to the same settings and from what I'm reading online it's due to the video not supporting widescreen.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-04-2021 06:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, known issue. Using a custom engine like ioQuake fixes this issue.

edit:
oh lol, I'm sure obsidian is very happy to have this resolved after 13 years :owned:

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 02-22-2021 05:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Better late than never!

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 04-10-2021 02:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is in the actual ioquake3 build also the widescreen issue with the icons in the loading screen fixed? That the icons look stretched?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 04-11-2021 03:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Almost everything is stretched in ioquake3.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.