Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Cpma Hud & Weapon Re-adjusting

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Cpma Hud & Weapon Re-adjusting

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 03-17-2010 02:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I know quite a bit about Cpma stuff..but of course not everything. :smirk:

Over at the Challenge forums there is a post about version 1.48 in the works, and in the post it has a hud I haven't seen:

Crouchsliding Video

Anyone know where I can locate the HUD in that video..I want it namely for the Score boxes on the bottom right of the screen. Also, this next video has a change in the weapon view where they are lowered and shrunk down in size..does anyone know the cvars to change them to that?

Weapon View

Minded the guy feels the need to roll through the weapons in the beginning..kind of annoying. :rolleyes:

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-18-2010 11:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the hud i believe is from pmx, for moving the gun just do a /cvarlist *offset* i cant remember the whole name but it has offset in it.

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 03-18-2010 05:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If it's cg_gunoffset..I've only been able to use that to move side to side, but not for shrinking down the weapon size. Any suggestions?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-20-2010 05:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i believe it's a combo of gunoffset and a wide fov.

edit: i thought pmx was strictly cpm gameplay/physics and totally abandoned vq3 and its derivatives. i guess crouch sliding is somewhat better than air control, but not by much..

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 03-20-2010 10:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

prince1000 wrote:
edit: i thought pmx was strictly cpm gameplay/physics and totally abandoned vq3 and its derivatives. i guess crouch sliding is somewhat better than air control, but not by much..

I found that video link at the Challenge Forums about crouch sliding..they were talking about adding it to ver. 1.48 which is apparently in the works. The mod "Requiem" has crouch sliding also..I always thought that it was pretty cool.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-22-2010 04:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

gunoffset has 3 values, so you can move it closer or further down.. just play with it and you will see

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 03-22-2010 07:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

well hmm.., I'll try and mess with it..minded this is all for my Cpma Mod, but here are my setting for centering my weapons in Cpma, and I have to bind them this way because each weapon has a different cg_gunoffset variable when it comes to centering them perfectly. It kind of sucks though when you get fragged, when you spawn back, the machinegun will be set to whatever the last weapon that was held when fragged..just becomes a habit to hit the machinegun bind to straighten it. :disgust:
Now I'm just trying to move forward and backward and changing the size of the weapon like that video I put up, but I've never heard of a third variable..I got all of this from someone back at the Challenge Forums, and that was like 2007 I think.

bind KP_DOWNARROW "weapon 1;set cg_gunoffset 0"
bind \ "weapon 2;set cg_gunoffset -3-3"
bind KP_LEFTARROW "weapon 3;set cg_gunoffset -1.5-2.5"
bind DEL "weapon 4;set cg_gunoffset 1-4.9"
bind ENTER "weapon 5;set cg_gunoffset 1-4.92"
bind SHIFT "weapon 6;set cg_gunoffset -1-2.9"
bind PGDN "weapon 7;set cg_gunoffset 1-5.5"
bind KP_INS "weapon 8;set cg_gunoffset 1-4.6"
bind KP_DEL "weapon 9;set cg_gunoffset -2-5.55"

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.