Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        High End Map Fails to Load

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: High End Map Fails to Load

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-17-2010 06:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey all,

I have been trying to load "On the Edge of Forever" by Sock and when it loads the items, it suddenly goes back to the main menu. I hit the tilde key to see if any errors were spit out, but I found none. I have my com_hunkmegs set at 128, anyone have any ideas why this is happening? Also, I don't know if this makes a difference or not but my zone_hunkmegs are set to 16 (default) I didn't know if that number needs to be higher as well. I set it to 64 but it didn't make a difference so I set it back to 16, but com_hunkmegs is still at 128, your thoughts on this please.

Thank you,

Co11ision

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 05-18-2010 10:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

could be a shader conflict with another map .. try the map with a fresh install of quake3.

did you update to the latest quake3 pointrelease.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-18-2010 10:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It is a fresh install of Quake3. I only have two third party maps, so maybe they are conflicting somehow? I'll keep 'On the Edge of Forever' and remove the other one and see what happens. I have no problems loading the default maps. I think I'm updated to 1.32b, but I'll double check it after work, thanks for the help! :)

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 05-18-2010 11:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

com_hunkmegs 256 as a test

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-18-2010 02:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ok got it working. Actually I was still on 1.31, so I updated to 1.32. >.>

Anyway, I reset the target line to: Quake3.exe +set com_hunkmegs 128 and it is working now, thanks.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.