Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Doktor's BOT studio modification support?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Doktor's BOT studio modification support?

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 08-15-2012 07:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm unable to load any mod to the botstudio made by doktor, want to try make Team Arena bots with custom head models (the base models are James and Janet)... Tried to execute mod choose dialog, but no button with something like Choose mod doesn't appear in Program | Mod support menu...

Oh and a unexpected bug: When tried to check baseq3, it has shown me error 9 - Subscript out of range... What does it mean and why it showed me this after fully functinal prog? I'm now unable to load up new pk3's in...

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 08-27-2012 03:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

[[[TOPICBUMP]]]
It's exact the long time after posting this topic...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-27-2012 05:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I guess nobody knows. I haven't heard of this tool anyway.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 08-27-2012 07:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Okay... I'm asking, just for the chance I can learn bots using Team Arena weapons and items...

Oh, and the bug it shows the subscription error and crashes... I was unable to determine the reason...

If you want, I can give you a d/load link... It's free, I guess...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-27-2012 07:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ultimately all the bot specific AI related files are just text files that you can open and save with any text editor. You could study those and make the necessary adjustments.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 08-27-2012 07:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm sure with bot creating with this tool... It's easy and no C code knowledge is required to create working bots... All of this does the program itself. But yes, if I want to make bot also replying own texts, I might also make own reply chat, which requires some knowledge of the bot chatting system...

The bot AI files are just code files in a C languange (this is why the *.c extension), but make own bot file with just a text editor is realy hard. The Doktor's tool makes it slightly easy, I just need to find exact time to fine up bot AI characteritics, weapon and pickup weights, and exact write chat texts the bot may use...
Have tried to open Anarki in the BOT studio and have realised the bots type over 400 characters per minute (400 cpm), which is exactly 2x what I have set up on my testing bots...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-27-2012 09:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Actually, there's no need to understand C or any programming language to modify the bot AI files or create New ones. They're just listings of numbers and things like reply texts. It's really not hard to create your own. These .c files don't even need to be compiled yo get them to work.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 08-27-2012 09:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I believe there's a limit of maximum weapon and pickup weights range from 400 to 800... This is exact what I can set actualy in BOTstudio...

I also need to know, how to add the mod support OR (and this is high priority) make the subscrition error gone, so no more crashes will proceed by this obvious issue...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-27-2012 11:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

they're even properly indented.
open one, read it. easily figured out

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 08-28-2012 03:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

{
name Example
funname ^3Simple^6Bot
headmodel orbb/default
model visor/default
color1 4
color2 1
aifile bots/sarge_c.c
}

1)Open up your notepad ... Cut and paste ^^ that above to it and name it ((Example.bot)) without the quotations.
2)Take that .bot file and put it inside of a folder called "scripts"
3)Open up your winzip and create a file call "example.pk3"
4)Drag the "scripts" folder over the winzip and add it to the example.pk3 file that your creating.
5)Take the example.pk3 after it's created and put it in your baseq3 folder inside of your Quake III Arena folder

Done ... pretty simple.

\addbot example 5

If you want to go further than that, than go into your baseq3 folder and open up your pak0.pk3 file and look in the botfiles\bots\ folder. Each bot has four different files ... sarge for example ...

sarge_c.c
sarge_i.c
sarge_t.c
sarge_w.c

You can open them with your Notepad ... it's pretty simple if you make sure to put it all back together in the botfiles\bots\ folder structure when you build the .pk3 file. I'd go more in depth ... but nah. I downloaded a botstudio program back in 2000-2001 (I can't remember what it was called) which helped me to understand how all of it works.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 03-03-2013 08:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bumped topic again...
Thanks v1|3, but I'm pretty sure using the Doktor's BotStudio as the main Quake3 BOT editing software...

Have found what does the Subscript out of a range mean, looks like there's an error in program code... It's quite annoying because I'm adding new pk3's in game and wanted to make also some new skinsor eighter new models with bots presenting new stuff... Eighter for Team Arena... Does anybody know some software updates?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.