Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Quake 3 Vadrigar discussion

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Quake 3 Vadrigar discussion

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 07-26-2016 07:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Question for those who know more about Quake 3 than me. Is the boss you fight at the end of Quake 3 a Vadrigar? I'm asking because it called itself the master of the arena, and it was also had the voice of the narrator. However, the Vadrigar were also a race of beings that created and watch over the arena itself. Is this Vadrigar supposed to be the one in charge of the arena? Very much like how a cock fighting ring owner would be in charge of their "arena"? Or did Raven just put no thought into the subject at all? 

As an added plus, does anyone here have a picture of the Vadrigar from Quake 3? (A good one, not those bad ones on google) I remember the design being pretty cool, and I kind of wanted to draw one.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 07-26-2016 07:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 07-26-2016 09:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CZghost wrote:
http://quake3world.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=52219

Duplicate topic :up:

It's the same topic, yes. But I moved it to a sub-forum to get better responses, as the members on General Discussion told me.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-26-2016 10:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Raven? I don't think Raven Software ever released a Q3A port.
id Software are the developers of Q3A and I'm pretty sure they never put too much thought into the story. Xaero also doesn't have the same voice as the announcer (on PC at least).

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 07-26-2016 11:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yea. And since only mods can truly move topics, you had to copy the post, which made duplicate. That means that there is the same post in two separate sub-forums. Each of these copies are maintained separately as the forum software thinks it's different topic. If you want to keep this one, mark the first one in General discussion to be deleted. Simply write you wish to delete that topic :up:

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 07-28-2016 12:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Does anyone have an answer?

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 07-29-2016 04:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You mean Quake III Revolution ported by id & Bullfrog to the PS2. That's where you're getting the Vadrigar stuff from. [offtopic] I wonder how May for the Pokémon anime/Pokémon Emerald would do in the Arena Eternal. I could make her give Xaero a major butt-whoopin' if I wanted to. [/offtopic]

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 07-30-2016 12:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

coltonquake3 wrote:
You mean Quake III Revolution ported by id & Bullfrog to the PS2. That's where you're getting the Vadrigar stuff from. [offtopic] I wonder how May for the Pokémon anime/Pokémon Emerald would do in the Arena Eternal. I could make her give Xaero a major butt-whoopin' if I wanted to. [/offtopic]

From what it appears to be, yes. Apparently the original didn't have anything to do with the Vadrigar. I'm assuming that the one you face in Revolution is meant to be the Arena Master in place of Xero. However, does anyone have any good screen shot images of the Vadrigar? Or any game statistics (HP, weapon, etc). I know it's an odd question, just something about the idea of incredibly advanced aliens using warriors from across the Universe as a means of entertainment is something I find very interesting.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 07-30-2016 12:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the Vadrigar lore was also in the original version of the game, mentioned in the manual. That's it though. I don't think it spawned much fanart.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 07-30-2016 04:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I haven't seen any rips of the Vadrigar from that game either. Neither have I seen the Mistress, but I have seen Reaper. He's on moddb in a quake live model pack.

Frag-Muff
Frag-Muff
PostPosted: 09-14-2016 12:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

None of the in-game characters were Vadrigar, from memory. They were dragged into the arena from all over the show. The Vadrigar were the overseers, like men in white coats overseeing a maze full of rats.

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 09-14-2016 01:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.