Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Any updates on themuffinman's ioq3-pp project?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Any updates on themuffinman's ioq3-pp project?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 07-11-2015 08:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I stumbled across this thread and was thrilled to find a branch of ioquake3 that pretties up the UI at high resolutions and fixes ioq3's mediocre widescreen support. I was wondering if there have been any updates or if I can get my hands on the source code. The only problem I have with the engine right now is the broken 3D UI elements.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-12-2015 06:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You might wanna try the ioquake3 forums:

http://community.ioquake.org/

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 07-12-2015 07:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I sent you a pm :)

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-20-2015 05:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It has been updated a bit and is leaning towards having its own game mod, fixing and improving a lot of small issues in the game along with high-res 2D assets etc etc.... can't remember half of what I did since it was months ago. Also can't do new builds right now since the compiler is fucky on my new PC.

Here's a build from March:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ltfhguly45rpn ... 3.zip?dl=0

No documentation or anything so you'll need to poke around and figure it out yourself... source I'll provide soon as I get the chance. Oh, and the new player icons included are from some HD pack that I got somewhere... ModDB maybe? So credit to the author there, whoever it was.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 07-21-2015 12:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

annoying bug/feature:
- folder "home-fnquake3"

the separation of log, cfg and others into respective folders is a nice feature on paper, but really blows when you actually use the client.
example of a console command sequence:
clear
viewpos
condump levelshot.cfg

this will create a file log/levelshot.cfg which in consequence cannot be accessed by exec levelshot.cfg - and no exec ../log/levelshot.cfg does not work.

not to mention that this whole %appdata% fuckup should be avoided at all costs. nobody wants a gazillion files scattered in baseq3, some other "home-folder" and possibly %appdata%\whatever\you\can\thinkof

also: yyz

ps: playing with bots drops back to main menu

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 08-06-2015 06:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Why would you even run a console dump as a config file? Anyway, you can revert to the game directory with an asterisk... so you could do this:

exec *logs/levelshot

Not sure with the version above but by default it shouldn't use appdata. If it is, just add +set fs_useBaseHome 1 to the command line.

The home folder is used to separate fnquake3 configs from the rest to avoid spamming up incompatible cvars between engine mods, and it allows you to store all your settings, demos and screenshots in one location... making it more convenient for backing up. There should be a fs_useHomeDir cvar to disable this though.

Bots shouldn't crash the game but I know there's an engine-side issue at level change that I need to sort out... but that's why there's a beta tag!

Edit: I think it's time for me to figure out this Github thing and upload the source.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 08-09-2015 05:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I finally figured it out!

https://github.com/themuffinator/fnq3

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.