Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Best quake 3 setup?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Best quake 3 setup?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-19-2016 03:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I've just found this site after me and my daughter have been quaking. She came home from school today and said let's quake!

Any way. What's the best way to setup a quake server at home?

So far I've used com_hunkmegs 1024 and that seems better but models in the menu and some other things seem clunky.

Is there a better server utility or program? I'm not interested in Internet play just local with about 5 PC's

And also I have a about 30gb of models and maps. Is this way to much for quake 3 to handle?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-19-2016 06:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hunkmegs 1024 seems a little high, 512 should be enough.

I made the Quake Toolkit years ago which includes a tool for generating server configs with map rotations that allow you to configure the game rules for each individual map.

Dunno about the 30Gb. There's one way to find out: try it.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-20-2016 12:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice. those skins though :p

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-20-2016 02:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah PS skills right there. o'dium actually made 2 or 3 that are in the skin pack. The Matrix one reveals we're talking early 2000 software here ;)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.