Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        VR Q3A, (ET:WWC)

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: VR Q3A, (ET:WWC)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 12-29-2016 09:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

z

Last edited by Ganemi on 03-30-2023 08:22 AM, edited 3 times in total.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 01-01-2017 04:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Great :) Looks amazing :)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-01-2017 11:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks. It was a pain in the ass to put together, but really fun. Still have a lot of work to do.

I want to get objectives and classes implemented, then do some per-light soft shadows like Sikkmod did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vwNcMHsob4

Soon!

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 01-03-2017 07:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I downloaded your video and played it as a SBS video in 3D with sview

your weapon fails with this method :dts: but environment works in a nice 3D :up:

I cannot imagine playing with this, in 5mn I'll break my neck :owned:

Last edited by TIFsenior on 01-03-2017 12:18 PM, edited 1 time in total.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-03-2017 12:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey, thanks so much for pointing that out to me. While I'm still experimenting with it, it's definitely trivial to get eye distance information from user input to the renderer, so it wouldn't be that hard to change. :)

I think the main benefit of this would be a game where it might help you to look over your shoulders. In ET i used to play covie all the time, and was kind of annoyed that I couldn't discreetly look around while in disguise to avoid drawing attention and getting shot. That's just one example. I wouldn't want to play a game like this where you had to use VR. If you turned it off, the game would still sort of handle like Red Orchestra, since I implemented freeaim code a while ago! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM54n_46H_g

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-29-2017 03:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The video works again. :O

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-22-2017 04:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, shit on a bagel. Oops. It actually works now.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.