Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Field of view Calculator

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Field of view Calculator

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 06-04-2018 06:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I wish I had seen this a long time ago. First off I didn't know in q3 that the FOV setting would except a decimal. It just never
occurred to me that using a custom resolution / aspect ratio would require a more precise FOV setting to make it look right.
Anyway if you haven't tried this and are using a widescreen monitor then you should check it out. My resolution is 3440 x
1440 and has always looked a bit off with the FOV set to 110 / 115 and was really weird looking at 130. Then I found this
http://www.wsgf.org/fovcalc.php and it gave me an FOV of 121.66. Now everything looks normal :) .

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 06-07-2018 05:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Right on, never thought it wouldn't take anything besides a whole number either. Thanks for sharing!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.