Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        [Quake Live] Team Arena runes removed from maps?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: [Quake Live] Team Arena runes removed from maps?

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 04-20-2021 05:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi folks. I remember that even after Bethesda bought id Software and botched the game, the runes were still in the game and in the maps, even though they didn't spawn at their original locations in the map anymore, instead they spawned at the player spawnpoints. Have they been removed recently? I can't even seem to set up whenever general ammo packs or ammo packs for each weapon have to be used in the game anymore, has this been disabled, too? I can't even see the runepads in original Team Arena maps anymore, suggesting they have been removed? What's going on?

Does anybody have some informations about this? I tried to devmap into some of the maps, and tried to give mysel the runes. Armor Regen (renamed and repurposed Ammo Regen) doesn't seem to work (maybe I need to use it without underscore?), Doubler doesn't work, but Guard does work? What?

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 04-20-2021 05:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, ammo packs are in call vote area, eighter global or per weapon, which is unchanged (thankfully). But runes? When I press the key M, it says that runes are not enabled on the server (the server is only run offline, started as localhost game), but I can't find any settings in the call vote menu that would enable them, nor anywhere else.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 06-27-2021 03:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey! You need to play in ACTF mode instead of CTF.

ACTF has runes and grappling hook.

So, /callvote map scornforge actf

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.