Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        BD when I first started posting...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: BD when I first started posting...

Curiouser and Curiouser
Curiouser and Curiouser
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 03:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

...at q3w was a very different place.

SaTurN and El Ninio and Elk were its mods.

People were serious in here and serious about helping others.

You did NOT spam.

I remember when I first came I asked for help with motion sickness. People tried to help and I had already been posting with some of them other places so I stayed. It felt like a community I was a part of.

I can remember SaT busting my ass because he would watch me and call me a spammer. Then any non-q3a thread had to be marked OT and you couldnt just make a lot of those. I was careful to stay strictly in them posting unless I had a valid q3a comment or question since I could not play.

I sure hope this forum will be something like I remember it once being.

I still can't play but I won't spam it and I will always help where I can.

: )

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 05:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Indeed.

Beg Disc is what brought and kept me at q3w until I decided to stray off into Gen Disc. I doubt there will be as much "nubs" playing Q3 as there was then, but when one does come along no need in them having to dig through pages of bs spam (more or less by rep) in order to find some decent info on there problem. Pretty much what the above post said, just thought I would throw a voice in.

rep
rep
PostPosted: 02-08-2005 06:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh no she didn't!!!

I agree with Kn0wFuRy, but the internet is a different beast now. People find more in common when they spam and insult one another. It's very sad, but reflective on what has happened to society in general in the past decade.

There isn't going to be much Q3 discussion because Q3 is a dead animal, unfortunately. Even though there are no suitable replacements (Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 unfortunately don't have the right stuff to carry on the legacy) people just seem to have stopped playing, or perhaps there is some game I don't know about?

I moved on to Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising, but they fucked that game up hardcore with one of their updates, removing 40% of the game style of most players, thus ruining the game for me completely. Adding to that, they released an expansion pack which I beta tested to perfection, and somehow the entire JO:TR community went over to the new expansion pack. I didn't feel like wasting another $20, so I called it quits with that game. It was already ruined, as far as playability goes. They removed sniper rifle zoom, added really easy ways to find snipers, and made it so you can't even lay down right.

ETF is out, as a free download. Enemy Territory Fortress is fun, but the hardcore Q3F people say Q3F is better. Unfortunately, Q3 and Q3F have few players in comparison to ETF, so I'd rather play that if I get a chance to game. :\ The world is changing, I'm afraid.

Edit: You'd be cute as a latina... A latina with attitude.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 12:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Q3W was great but unfortunately it will never be the same again.

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 05:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Stop spreading lies Eraz0r! /me slaps :p

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 06:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm sorry, it's hard to accept, I know :icon23:

ouF!
ouF!
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 07:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:tear:

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 08:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

psst. KF tells lies

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 11:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

saturn wrote:
psst. KF tells lies

Its not about who tells the lies, it's about who believes them

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 02:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was just jabbing a bit :)

Curiouser and Curiouser
Curiouser and Curiouser
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 04:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

rofl @SaT, Eraser and rep

(SaTurN, you remember when you used to get on me and say STOP SPAMMING CATHY and maybe I really wasn't TOO bad but I would be all scared and El Ninio would laugh his ass off at me because I would hide bigtime for a day or two until maybe you were past studying for a test or drunk and it would be ok again. *grin*)

(You better hope I don't find images of old BD posts to post and why not restart your chat thread? It was brilliant.)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.