Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Is Punkbuster really that good ???

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Is Punkbuster really that good ???

Quake Addict
Quake Addict
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 08:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not that i wanna accuse anyone, but sometime it feel like the guys are using somekind of auto-shoot shit...you still have to aim, but the moments youre aim is in front of the player, it shoot for ya, so you never miss (well, almost).
And i heard from other people that there a way to play on a server with PB enable, with a different config.
-one config that show on PB that is clean.
-and the other config that the player use with cheats.

But PB only see one of them, the clean one !!!

Whats youre opinion about all that ?

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 07:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think your mistaken. Most players in 1.32 have spent alot of time honing in their skillz and for folks that aren't used to playing the pros they may seem like they are cheating. 99% of the time the players is just good.

You can always take a screenshot if you suspect someone of cheating and post it here or on other forums.

no u
no u
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 09:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Punkbuster works pretty good for the most part, but there are some cheats that go undetected.

you might wanna browse around here:
http://www.punksbusted.com/forums

Quake Addict
Quake Addict
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 10:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

signa wrote:
Punkbuster works pretty good for the most part, but there are some cheats that go undetected.

you might wanna browse around here:
http://www.punksbusted.com/forums

Thanks, i really appreciate the reading...and at the same time answer some question i add in mind.

The conclusion i got from that is;
best way to prevent cheating is to really know and trust people you play with, that way the game is much fun for everyone...

Quake Addict
Quake Addict
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 05:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
So play on the Quake 3 World server, or at Darkhaven :)

Maybe thats what i should do, whats the IP ???

Quake Addict
Quake Addict
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 07:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whats the IP of http://www.clanservers.net/ ?

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 10:01 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It should be q3w.clanservers.net :)

Do you like Clan Arena? DarkHaven is more populated anyway give it a shot. :)

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 02-24-2005 01:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it must do something because it used to be that TONS and TONS of people had the OMG SOOO LEET lg and now its gone :shrug:

now, it seems a auto rail thing agin

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 02-24-2005 01:35 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Auto rail? Who me? :ninja:

PostPosted: 02-24-2005 08:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dzjepp doesnt cheat, I beat him at darkhaven.

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 02-24-2005 08:54 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

luck'd :clownboat:

PostPosted: 02-24-2005 08:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lmao

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 02-25-2005 07:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

heh i like to hope you dont dz

nah mostly people who cant even move or move like total fuckwits

when they have the OMG IM SUPERLEET rails its pretty funny :shrug:

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 05-25-2005 05:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How do you move? i've only been playing the quake 3 arena demo for less then 24 hours. I've never played quake before, i've only been playing shooters for 1.5 years (unreal 2 expanded multiplayer and a tiny bit of americas army) aswell so i'm still kinda a noob :paranoid: i went into a 25 player server and got 70 kills in 15 minutes for 2nd top score yesterday and was almost called a bot :P most of the time i'm mid score and people comment on how good i am for a noob :icon31: this one server i went into this person was owning everyone in the 1v1 map then i came and gave him/her trouble then never missed a shot again...lost 10-4...then 10-0 next time not missing so i don't know if that's h4x or not :paranoid: i've been killed through the floor and a ramp too and i was told you can't shoot through floors/ramps

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 05-25-2005 06:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There was a patch that disabled the splash damage through walls/bridges and the such. Couldn't tell you about the demo though.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 05-25-2005 06:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I could never be accused of cheating. If I hit you with a rail, chances are I was aiming at someone else. :D

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 05-25-2005 07:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, I grill them about it everytime I'm there, but they shrugg it off as 'meh'. Frankly I think they don't know how to update it or they lazy bishes. :)

PostPosted: 05-25-2005 07:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Its normal that people hit ~50% lg and ~70% rg, so don't get worked up if you see someone having those accuracies or better.

piecemaker
piecemaker
PostPosted: 05-25-2005 07:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dzjepp wrote:
Yeah, I grill them about it everytime I'm there, but they shrugg it off as 'meh'. Frankly I think they don't know how to update it or they lazy bishes. :)

LoL!

I see that when I connect and just smile. Wondering why and then
get in and say hello to the old players I know. Play a few and most
of the time have to leave. haha.

Lo runT!!

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 05-26-2005 07:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dan1407 wrote:
Not that i wanna accuse anyone, but sometime it feel like the guys are using somekind of auto-shoot shit...you still have to aim, but the moments youre aim is in front of the player, it shoot for ya, so you never miss (well, almost).
And i heard from other people that there a way to play on a server with PB enable, with a different config.
-one config that show on PB that is clean.
-and the other config that the player use with cheats.

But PB only see one of them, the clean one !!!

Whats youre opinion about all that ?

ude just take drugs, so you have super reaction time

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 05-26-2005 07:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ToxicBug wrote:
dzjepp doesnt cheat, I beat him at darkhaven.

he's easy. no need for showing off.

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 05-26-2005 07:46 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

1v1?

I got my tv fixed btw. 300 dollars but it beats buying a new set. I'm not ready to spend a load of money on getting the full hdtv setup anyway. :ninja

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 05-26-2005 11:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dzjepp wrote:
1v1?

I got my tv fixed btw. 300 dollars but it beats buying a new set. I'm not ready to spend a load of money on getting the full hdtv setup anyway. :ninja

that's cool man. yeah, it sucks to HAVE to buy a new set. fortunately, you'll get a few more years off of that one it seems.

as far as one vs one, i don't play anymore, so you'd whoop my *ss. i beat you once, the only time i recall playing you, but it was FFA at BG on some weird map, so it really doesn't count. then again, i win.

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 05-27-2005 10:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Haha yeah I think I remember you playing there... you really beath meh? :paranoid: I like playing there but haven't in a long time I don't think they play that often anymore. :tear:

Anyhoo I thinks the replacement part was the psu or something I don't have the receipt with me so I don't remember me dumb :ninja: and now with the new board in the 'adjust projection tv' menu option is finally there. That must of been a really old board or sumptin.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 05-27-2005 10:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dzjepp wrote:
Haha yeah I think I remember you playing there... you really beath meh? :paranoid: I like playing there but haven't in a long time I don't think they play that often anymore. :tear:

Anyhoo I thinks the replacement part was the psu or something I don't have the receipt with me so I don't remember me dumb :ninja: and now with the new board in the 'adjust projection tv' menu option is finally there. That must of been a really old board or sumptin.

hehe yeah i did beat you, under an alias, but i revealed myself later. that's interesting the "option" is there now. how many points of convergence are there?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.