Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Arkham Knight

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Arkham Knight

Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 06-23-2015 06:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dead.

Well, fucking broken. If I actually paid for it instead of getting it free with my 970m I'd be pissed.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 06-23-2015 08:20 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was about to buy this. Glad I didn't.

PostPosted: 06-23-2015 09:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I can't get into the game because it started minimized then alt-tabbing back in causes massive stutter/flicker (1 sec on/off) as it continuously loses and regains focus. But apparently it seems that even if I were able to fix it, people with Titans are getting single digit framerates.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-23-2015 09:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice, I'll wait until the GOTY edition with all the DLC and patches is $10 on Steam.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-23-2015 10:11 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah it's broke as fuck - I posted this on the wrong thread earlier :/

They didn't tell people it needed at least 3gb of video RAM and it was outsourced to an external company

PostPosted: 06-23-2015 10:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I managed to get it to work by switching to Windowed mode. However, it's not utilizing my graphics card for some reason. Only clocked to 600 mhz or so instead of 1080

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-24-2015 01:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Even if it works somewhat decently, the game is capped at 30fps. If you manually raise that to say 60fps (by haxxoring config files) the whole game becomes unstable.

Great PC porting job :up:

redline
redline
PostPosted: 06-24-2015 08:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
I managed to get it to work by switching to Windowed mode. However, it's not utilizing my graphics card for some reason. Only clocked to 600 mhz or so instead of 1080

Sounds like your Power Management (Nvidia Control Panel 3D Settings) might be set to Adaptive. Make sure that it's set to Prefer Maximum Performance for the Batman: AK profile.

Also set your laptop Power Options to High Performance and max out every option in that menu.

You're running nv 353.30, right?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-24-2015 10:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Really?! That's a fucking joke

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-24-2015 11:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, it's pulled from Steam. I bet you can still buy it boxed in the shops. I reckon it has something to do with Steam's new refund policy. Too many people returning the game making this an administrative nightmare for Warner Bros.

PostPosted: 06-25-2015 02:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ToxicBug wrote:
feedback wrote:

Sounds like your Power Management (Nvidia Control Panel 3D Settings) might be set to Adaptive. Make sure that it's set to Prefer Maximum Performance for the Batman: AK profile.

Also set your laptop Power Options to High Performance and max out every option in that menu.

You're running nv 353.30, right?

No I haven't updated because I hear the latest drivers are worse and worse. It's set to max performance in the nvidia control panel but my AC profile is balanced. Any reason that balanced AC profile would interfere with GPU clock?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-25-2015 04:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
I bet you can still buy it boxed in the shops.

Ok, guess not:
Quote:
A GAME employee has told Eurogamer that the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight are now being pulled from shop shelves.

We enquired whether we could still buy a copy of the game even in full knowledge that the game had bugs, and was told that the chain had been ordered by publisher Warner Bros. to immediately stop selling PC copies.

"We have the stock," the GAME employee told us, "but I'm not allowed to sell it to you".

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015- ... t-pc-sales

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 06-25-2015 08:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

this game so bad i didn't even warez it

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-25-2015 09:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

meh, a day one patch was issued for the console versions to fix the performance and runs fine. pc patch can't be long off.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 06-25-2015 09:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
No I haven't updated because I hear the latest drivers are worse and worse. It's set to max performance in the nvidia control panel but my AC profile is balanced. Any reason that balanced AC profile would interfere with GPU clock?

I think it could be PCI Link Management.

NV 353.30 is "game ready" for Batman: AK. I would try it, if u wanna play the game that badly.

PostPosted: 06-25-2015 06:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yup, you're right.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.