Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        The best Quake 3 map EVER is..

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: The best Quake 3 map EVER is..

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 09-10-2015 04:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

... DRuMroll...

DM17. :up:

Yes I'm paying a rare visit to Q3W Discussion out of nostalgia. But as fun as so many Q3 maps are/were, I always found Longest Yard an awesome map. So much fun, perfect for rail practise, although annoying when campers would sit for ages sniping from the RG platform. I got pretty good at that map in FFA, and not too bad in 1v1 considering I was generally complete shit in duels.

DM16 was another favourite of mine, loved it!

There used to be a german website called DM17.com with their own servers and yep, all they played was Dm17. I used to go on their servers from time to time. I did 'ok' but their players were too good for me most of the time, particularly one guy called Snapshot, he was exceptional. He almost beat Azer once. Remember Azer? Arguably the best player from these forums. I wonder what he's up to these days. Anyway, good times.. :)

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 09-10-2015 05:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Somewhere on this laptop I have a quake3 demo of me and you battling it out on ZTN map "forgot name of map".
DM17 is the worst map ever made btw stfu MurD

Best funs for us was DM6 no?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-10-2015 09:08 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dm17 is hilarious for some regular fun games. For serious competitive play, not so much. dm6 and ztn3dm1 were my favs

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 09-11-2015 05:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh yeah, Eraser, I agree. ZTN is a great map! In fact I think ZTN and DM6 are still the best maps to watch duels on. Pity they've dropped DM6 in quakecon.
Pro Tourney 4/vertical vengeance is another favourite of mine, but long since dropped from tournaments I think.

Ax, hah, yeah, I vaguely recall playing that game. I certainly had some really fun HPB (about 150 ping?) times on your server, with you, piecemaker, and all those other american q3w players. I've got a screenshot I'll post later of DM6+ I think it's called, with a picture of you and me on each pillar either side of the RG jumppad. :D

ufts xA

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 12-05-2015 07:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DRuM wrote:
Oh yeah, Eraser, I agree. ZTN is a great map! In fact I think ZTN and DM6 are still the best maps to watch duels on. Pity they've dropped DM6 in quakecon.
Pro Tourney 4/vertical vengeance is another favourite of mine, but long since dropped from tournaments I think.

Ax, hah, yeah, I vaguely recall playing that game. I certainly had some really fun HPB (about 150 ping?) times on your server, with you, piecemaker, and all those other american q3w players. I've got a screenshot I'll post later of DM6+ I think it's called, with a picture of you and me on each pillar either side of the RG jumppad. :D

ufts xA

for shot and hook, I always like aeneon (prolly fav) and dm17 (pretty close fav =] ) with no skyhook. For rail especially 1v1 rail, charon3dm10. But there are a LOT of custom maps I thought were great.

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 01-09-2016 11:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dm17 is hilarious when you have really good MG aim and don't even need the rail to rape rape rape. just run the armors and laugh.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 01-21-2016 06:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dm17.com is back...

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 01-22-2016 07:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

in SP, I like all maps with a shotgun cause it changes map's spécifications when a play only with shotgun, it's like a new game.
ex : Anarki becomes much easier then Phobos that it's not true with all weapons.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 01-24-2016 02:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

axbaby wrote:
Somewhere on this laptop I have a quake3 demo of me and you battling it out on ZTN map "forgot name of map".
DM17 is the worst map ever made btw stfu MurD

Best funs for us was DM6 no?

They made dm17, to not leave out minority gamers.

There are some cool maps still coming out. ztn became blue, bluerun.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 01-12-2017 02:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello Quake3World forum, from time to time I'm visiting you, so I decided to join.

And furthermore us few remaining guys from dm17.com are proud to announce that our Quake 3 Arena Server is running again.
We're a bit rusty but still Quakers by heart.

/connect sarge.dm17.com:27960
or
/connect 85.10.201.6:27960

FFA - OSP/VQ3

This time we do not only focus on Q3DM17, so we have a map cycle of popular Quake 3 maps and a lot more to vote.
Everybody is welcome! GL+ HF

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.