Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Reintroducing Quake to the Wild

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Reintroducing Quake to the Wild

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 03-05-2015 06:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Azer got really good around the time Q4 came out (c.2003-2004) and got picked up by x4. He even has a few demos on cyberfight still.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 03-05-2015 07:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yea he was fricken awesome

cool movement style , killer shot AND a classy witty gentlemanly sportsmanship manner

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 03-05-2015 09:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Was Azer that little kid? I remember destroying him in a 1v1, and then playing him again about a year later, and it was like playing against an aimbot. He was amazing.

Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 03-05-2015 05:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah he was like 14

Cowboys in '05
Cowboys in '05
PostPosted: 03-05-2015 06:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

RA3 was so much fun. Watching these videos brings back some great memories.

edit: jeezus, "Cowboys in '05" was a decade ago :eek:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-05-2015 06:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I remember Azer... I had forgotten about him. He was indeed quite skilled :up:

PostPosted: 03-05-2015 07:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

-Replicant- wrote:

RA3 soundtrack brings back memories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrSoAEO4GZI

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-05-2015 08:13 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
-Replicant- wrote:

RA3 soundtrack brings back memories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrSoAEO4GZI

Hah! I watched (listened) this exact video half an hour ago, after thinking about the RA3 music...

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 09-10-2015 04:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm only 6 months late for this thread.

Two other extremely good players I remember from here. Fraghugger (who later changed his username I think) and Blad3 from Estonia (changed his username to Deji), who was mainly a CTF expert. I used to play some games with him and always got obliterated. DC and MKJ were no slouches, nor Pho, all very good players.

I always enjoyed it if I was on a server, usually FFA servers, and a 'celebrity' came on, ie, top euro pro players. At which point, I would go to spec mode and watch in amazement. Two dutch players Redemz (I think he was dutch?) and Rufus would occassionally appear and clean up on every map with ease, even when there were already amazing players there. Like Menkent was saying earlier, there's really good players and then there's the pros :dts: :eek:

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 09-10-2015 06:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hey DonC

do you know if ownage.com will ever come back online ?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-11-2015 03:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i've played Q3A regularly for 15 years and i still suck balls. my RG aim in particular is fucking terrible :dork:

still fun to play though

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 09-11-2015 04:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
i've played Q3A regularly for 15 years and i still suck balls. my RG aim in particular is fucking terrible :dork:

still fun to play though

playing Q3A has nothing to do with sucking balls for 15 years, i'm happy for you coming out, but fun it sure is :)

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 09-11-2015 05:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
i've played Q3A regularly for 15 years

Did ur doctors finally figured out that ur aspergers is in fact full blown autism?...if not lol...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-11-2015 05:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you're poor and you have AIDS

i win :olo:

plained
plained
PostPosted: 09-11-2015 06:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ey welcome to club burgers!

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 09-11-2015 06:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
you're poor and you have AIDS

i win :olo:

lol

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-11-2015 08:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DRuM wrote:

Two other extremely good players I remember from here. Fraghugger (who later changed his username I think) and Blad3 from Estonia (changed his username to Deji), who was mainly a CTF expert. I used to play some games with him and always got obliterated. DC and MKJ were no slouches, nor Pho, all very good players.

I always enjoyed it if I was on a server, usually FFA servers, and a 'celebrity' came on, ie, top euro pro players. At which point, I would go to spec mode and watch in amazement. Two dutch players Redemz (I think he was dutch?) and Rufus would occassionally appear and clean up on every map with ease, even when there were already amazing players there. Like Menkent was saying earlier, there's really good players and then there's the pros :dts: :eek:

Hey... I remember kicking your ass.

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 09-11-2015 11:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
DRuM wrote:

Hey... I remember kicking your ass.

Funny that, because I remember kicking yours, and I was also a HPB on Ax's server. :cool:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-11-2015 12:59 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You have a bad memory. Jullios and doomer were the only ones that'd put me in my place. The rest were cannon fodder.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-11-2015 11:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh yeah? oh yeaaah? You sucked so badly with the railgun you'd shoot your own eye out! My dead grandma had better map control than you! The only skill you had was craterin'! There! I said it!

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-12-2015 01:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wow

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 09-13-2015 07:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SoM wrote:
hey DonC

Doubt it buddy - I've been uploading all the Quake videos I've got ok disks to the YouTube, so you can check those out but it really isn't much of a library compared to ownage

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 09-13-2015 10:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
SoM wrote:
hey DonC

Doubt it buddy - I've been uploading all the Quake videos I've got ok disks to the YouTube, so you can check those out but it really isn't much of a library compared to ownage

gimme your channel name and i'll subscribe.

now that i have unlimited i'll upload my collection aswell

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.