Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Converting maps from other games to Quake Live

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Converting maps from other games to Quake Live

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-28-2015 05:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've managed to successfully convert maps from other quake engine games to be used with quakelive (added all the textures, quakelive entities...etc), but I am having a slight issue with creating bot files (.aas) with the .bsp of the map I've converted. I tried using the command "bspc -bsp2aas <mapname>.bsp" with bspc via the command line. That has worked for me in the past, however, I seem to be getting the error "4489ERROR: Tried parent" in quakelive :S.

Does anybody know of a solution for this?

EDIT: Used bspc2.1i and it worked (was using bspc2.1h I think), anyhow it worked and created an .aas file, however, the bots still do not load within Quakelive so I guess there is still an issue.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 10-28-2015 01:09 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Check for leaks in the map. If they are not viewed in Radiant then the problem is one of the brushes is nonsolid, which cause invisible leaks, however this is easy to fix with a nice check if all the brushes collide. If one isn't colliding (i.e. you pass through it), then there is a invisible leak. Fix it by replacing it by another manual brush and try not to overlap any part of it within other brushes unless necessary for your brushwork.
That already happened to me when I was making gusq3dm6.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 11-01-2015 08:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

thefounder wrote:
EDIT: Used bspc2.1i and it worked (was using bspc2.1h I think), anyhow it worked and created an .aas file, however, the bots still do not load within Quakelive so I guess there is still a issue.

Unfortunately what I posted above only apply to when the AAS isn't created.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.