Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Minecraft - Anyone into it?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Minecraft - Anyone into it?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-26-2015 04:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oop, indeed.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-10-2015 03:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Had an hour or so to kill before my eye operation :sly: and thought I'd upload the uncovering of Atlantis for your viewing pleasure adding notes.

Imgur Album Link

As per pictures and as previously mentioned, I am still uncovering the Atlantis Temple. It is still hard to know how big it actually is. I've done a little internal searching for treasures but haven't found any yet. Finding the 'sponge' was so helpful. Risk of drowning ever present so I save frequently, renaming files as I go.

I did discovered what I'd call an Inca Temple on an island at the end of my 7500m powered elevated mine cart rail as mentioned earlier. This is where I got those hundreds/thousands of sand blocks I needed. There were 2 booby traps guarding a couple of chests but no treasures. I mentioned the 'cats' earlier.

In digging Atlantis I played a little with the water & sand physics and finally discovered the skill and how to remove bulk sand columns with a torch. Handy indeed. I also played with the glass blocks and was able to build out a room under water, just to 'see' if it could be done :)

There was an interesting area off to the side of the temple where water didn't fall as it does, covered an area of approx. 20 blocks. Pics G & H, or 7 & 8. I dug down many levels in the temple area an traveled below where I thought the wall/boundary finished. Still find minerals but no diamonds as yet. Here I was able to 'jump up' and into the water and 'appear' in the deep ocean where I had to quickly head for the surface. I ended up 30-50 blocks away from the dig on the surface. I also was able to 'dive in the same spot and enter the 'invisible airlock'.

OK, back to digging As you'd appreciate and as ....

Don Carlos wrote:
Jesus...I just like digging :paranoid:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-10-2015 06:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My 5 year old daughter is a master at this game. She can now read at a 3rd grade level(no school yet)... She started reading us her books right after turning 4... She started playing Minecraft at 3... She brings down the console and types in endless commands... Programs timers on our satellite TV... Talks like a 5th grader and has the best sense of humor in the family... I blame Minecraft...

http://m.theatlantic.com/education/arch ... ft/385231/

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 02-10-2015 07:46 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
My 5 year old daughter is a master at this game. She can now read at a 3rd grade level(no school yet)... She started reading us her books right after turning 4... She started playing Minecraft at 3... She brings down the console and types in endless commands... Programs timers on our satellite TV... Talks like a 5th grader and has the best sense of humor in the family... I blame Minecraft...

http://m.theatlantic.com/education/arch ... ft/385231/

Quit with the pedo stories sicko.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-10-2015 08:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cops called^^^...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-14-2015 02:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have surrounded the temple and done some excavations under but there are only the usual minerals about and no treasures :( this dictates my temple entry.

After a while and after entering the temple again I finally found* blocks of gold :up:
Thank goodness for MC sand and sponges. Again and ever so carefully moving about, taking brief underwater swims without the aid of potions or enchantments.

*I had to break some Prismarine, but I returned it and now I have to find those original pieces I took on my first day here to restore the untouched look.

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 02-15-2015 07:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You can breathe forever underwater with a single bucket by clicking it on any wall or floor, with you standing where the air pocket generates. The split second of air it makes refills your air supply.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-15-2015 08:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

or do the same thing by attaching a torch to a wall; it will break off straight away but you can breath in where the air pocket forms temporarily

best solution for underwater breathing if you're building something underwater is using a bunch of sugar canes or even fence posts, stacked 2 or 3 high

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-15-2015 12:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In ransacking the whole temple I came out with only 8 gold blocks :smirk: whereas thought I'd get more.

Thanks for the tips bacon & seremtan. I have read of the bucket and torch tricks and have yet to try it and yes should have by now. That best solution, stacked fence posts (I have lots since stripping those 3 or so mines earlier) or sugar canes sounds interesting. I was more into uncovering the structure than building at that time.

I finally finished the last little section of my powered rail near the start of my MC experience yesterday. A little fine tuning and perhaps a video to come. I escaped the survival mode for a while and played in the creative mode. Creative :olo: I was to busy experimenting with an endless supply of TNT. Fun!

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-31-2015 09:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well in that creative mode I went flying about and discovered another temple (Ocean Monument) and started the excavation again... Lots & lots of sand being used to build a perimeter wall and then displace that water, using some sponges too.

Time fly's by when in game :smirk:

I excavated most of that second Atlantean temple and getting a little bored :yawn: I set off flying about again in creative mode. Blow me away. There's more temples scattered about... 4 additional found so far and so close :smirk:

I'll be here forever!

I better pack a lunch and really try flying in one direction and for quite some distance/days just to see beyond that horizon :sly:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-01-2015 12:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Your dedication to this reminds me of my dedication to Quake 3

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-01-2015 03:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey try some mods like Feed the Beast

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-01-2015 12:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Your dedication to this reminds me of my dedication to Quake 3

It is as you know so addictive :smirk:

seremtan wrote:
Whiskey try some mods like Feed the Beast

Yes, a great idea seremtan :up:
I did think I'd try the texture and enhanced visuals mods I briefly glimpsed somewhere.

Note to self: Google mods for Minecraft!

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-01-2015 01:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Surfing the web
Surfing the web
PostPosted: 04-01-2015 11:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey, will you upload the world map once you've uncovered the Ocean Temple? I really would like to check it out

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-02-2015 12:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

why don't you just load MC 1.8 and find one for yourself?

Surfing the web
Surfing the web
PostPosted: 04-02-2015 12:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't want to get addicted

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-02-2015 11:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

well that's that then

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-12-2015 12:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Porto wrote:
Whiskey, will you upload the world map once you've uncovered the Ocean Temple? I really would like to check it out

Hey Porto. I have found probably 7 or 8 of these temples so far. I try and mark them with a high pillar of sand with torches on top so I can find them later, off the beaten (rail) track.

The last one I found I tried to glass an area in so as to form an air lock and it did work. A glass bottomless box, swim under and use sponges to suck the water up leaving an air pocket. All good fun.

OK, next I load up and place some signs to aid those that venture in my world :D I will store it up somewhere for people to gab.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-12-2015 11:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Look, I know it is just a game, but today, and I have been away for a couple of weeks doing other things, I ventured off the beaten track to discover things I'd left months ago. Things like direction markers and caches of goodies. Is there no end?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-16-2015 11:04 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There is no end!!! Dig dig dig dig

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-16-2015 11:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've been to hell & back in the game and even built a rail line in the flat pain of hell. Very disorienting place so F3 is your friend for those that venture there.

Just building and experimenting with 'portal technology' but I prefer to call them star gates :)

My original (electrified) rail line, now some 20,000 blocks has enabled travel some 80,000 from home (with 'gate' technology). An amazing jump. I am still finding underwater monuments (Atlantis cities) and abandoned mines, even some of them in the deep ocean.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-17-2015 03:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

now all you need to do is stop playing vanilla and get yourself a mod pack

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-17-2015 05:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

only mod I'd suggest is a map mod. Anything else seems to ruin the game for me.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-17-2015 07:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mods don't ruin the game - they just provide numerous ways of it being extended beyond the capability of Mojang

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-17-2015 03:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I got hi res texture pack and the detail is nice. The water is a little less opaque and ofter you can see 'holes' below, then dive into a sub-ocean abandoned mine.

Κracus wrote:
only mod I'd suggest is a map mod. Anything else seems to ruin the game for me.

I did try a couple of 'city' maps and while interesting, I did think something was missing so maybe that's the explorer in me :)

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-05-2015 11:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Porto wrote:

Hey Porto, you still about? If so will I upload my world map somewhere :D

It really is, how did someone here put it in words, a drug :smirk: or that kids fall into the Minecraft world and can't get out :smirk:

Reporting in : I recently found another 'Atlantis' underwater temple and set about surrounding in glass brick walls; just because.

I am still exploring, building elevated railways and then electrifying them while exploring this endless Minecraft world and I just found another underground/water mine and started exploring.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-06-2015 03:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you do realise it's pretty much more of the same in every direction, right?

seriously, get a mod pack with Biomes O Plenty in it at the very least, for more variety

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-06-2015 03:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:

seriously, get a mod pack with Biomes O Plenty in it at the very least, for more variety

Yes I realize it is much the same and repetitious. I traveled 80,000 blocks/metres via portals and it is all much the same everywhere but just a little different :rolleyes:

I think my trill is that of discovery as I keep asking myself "What's around that corner". Getting lost and trying to navigate my way out I find also a challenge but there's always the 'dig straight up' escape I've used a couple of times.

Thanks seremtan for the Biomes O Plenty suggestion. I will check it out. I still use a hi res texture pack and that's lovely :)

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 07-12-2015 09:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
seremtan wrote:

Yes I realize it is much the same and repetitious. I traveled 80,000 blocks/metres via portals and it is all much the same everywhere but just a little different :rolleyes:

I think my trill is that of discovery as I keep asking myself "What's around that corner". Getting lost and trying to navigate my way out I find also a challenge but there's always the 'dig straight up' escape I've used a couple of times.

Thanks seremtan for the Biomes O Plenty suggestion. I will check it out. I still use a hi res texture pack and that's lovely :)

Girl was playing vanilla. She kept wanting things that didnt exist.

She started playing Attack of the B-Team. Shes stopped asking for shit, and its more fun. Dont want it super cheaty turn off morphs flying option. Depending how serious we're playing we may turn that on or off. Its stupid cheaty. Super super cheaty. Kill a bat, enjoy flying forever. Fun tho

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-12-2015 11:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey SOAPboy, you had your pills today :D

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-13-2015 03:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you should try that whiskey

or maybe Vanilla+ on the FTB launcher

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 07-13-2015 07:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Hey SOAPboy, you had your pills today :D

Depends which Pills :olo:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-13-2015 08:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

look at this ripoff

http://www.minetest.net/

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-24-2015 10:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Today I finished another 20k railway extension just above the landscape. I enjoy the scenery :D
The world is endless.

Yesterday I discovered a compass and the teleport command. They seem devilish to use and I am near scared to use :eek: them.

Pasted here for future reference

/tp @p X Y Z

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.