Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        MODERATOR WARNING: Check your panties, gentleman...

Post new topicThis topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: MODERATOR WARNING: Check your panties, gentleman...

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 10-30-2015 01:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MOD NOTE - I have warned both of you via PM but consider this a second one:

If you two can't get along and continue to spam on this forum, I'll have to take more drastic measures. I don't give a shit how this started, but I will say that this needs to end now. Want to spam, post in The Void and spam all you want. But that does NOT happen in this sub-forum.

I have deleted and merged posts by the two of you. This is not what I have in mind for my evenings, so do not test my patience.

Consider this your one and final warning.

-Obsidian

Last edited by AEon on 11-05-2015 02:03 AM, edited 2 times in total.Reason: Changed title... I thought Obsidian meant a modification ;)

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 10-30-2015 03:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AndyW wrote:
Sorry i know this is not the Hardware section...

Then why did you post it to the level editing and modeling section?
:dork:

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 10-30-2015 04:36 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Overclock will make your computer too hot, keep your upgraded chips and overclock two of the cores only.
Also I found no hardware section in Quake 3 world.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 10-30-2015 05:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Technology & Troubleshooting
above
Level Editing & Modeling
:dork: :dork: :dork: :dork: :dork: :dork:

Have a problem? Wanna talk Technology? :question:

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 10-30-2015 08:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't see what the big deal is with posting hardware questions here in LEM if it pertains to him using the system for level design purposes. We're a small community here, don't get your panties in a bunch.

To answer your question, Quake 3 is an old game and isn't particularly CPU dependant. For example, it doesn't matter what processor you use to run Solitaire, any modern CPU will run it as fast as Solitaire can possibly handle without breaking a sweat.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 10-31-2015 01:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 10-31-2015 01:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

THX Obsidian!
So i will keep my C2D for QL & Radiant. I want the 90s back -If you buyed something newer it was faster :)

Martinus please just stop, youre annoying! :alert:

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 10-31-2015 02:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AndyW wrote:
Martinus please just stop, youre annoying! :alert:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 10-31-2015 10:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AndyW wrote:
I want the 90s back -If you buyed something newer it was faster :)

In the 90s it took a Celeron 15 hrs to render the bsp of a medium sized map. An Athlon was 300% more expensive and not 300% faster. Can't remember about the Pentiums.
With my relatively cheap i7 I can render a map under 3 minutes.
You want the nineties back for cost-efficiency? They were not.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 10-31-2015 12:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ferrao10 wrote:
In the 90s it took a Celeron 15 hrs to render the bsp of a medium sized map. An Athlon was 300% more expensive and not 300% faster. Can't remember about the Pentiums.
With my relatively cheap i7 I can render a map under 3 minutes.
You want the nineties back for cost-efficiency? They were not.

Yeah youre 100% right with that. But it was easy to see whats good and whats bad hardware, today its not just about Mhz or high numbers. The systems were less complex in the 90s so the chance to buy incompatible stuff was not that high.
I just buyed 8GB DDR3 yesterday and i know i cannot use it in the next system. Thats what i meant.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 11-01-2015 08:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This means ages have their own pros and cons, right?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-02-2015 12:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There was a lot of incompatibility between different sockets and RAM-types already back then. Different mobos for different applications. The pentiums were shaped like PCIe cards, while Athlons and Celerons were quadratic but different architecture.. There was EdoRAM, RAMBUS and whatnot. So, no, I think it already was a mess back then.

Gustavo6046 wrote:
This means ages have their own pros and cons, right?

Yeah, the drugs were better back then.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-04-2015 02:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Martinus wrote:
AndyW wrote:
del

:toothy:

Man youre so annoying... I just want to give you a kick in the face...
Can any of the Mods please kick this faggot?

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 11-04-2015 02:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That was just a joke, nothing else.
:toothy:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-04-2015 02:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fucking up my Threads wont make your maps better... IMHO you really suck, and no one have to talk to people like you. If you would help people then its a different game... but youre just spamming shit and acting like a Monkey-Fuck!
Please go and Die! :D :D

(This Guy is really spamming me alot and just want to get me angry... His mom did a bad job) :(

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-04-2015 02:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nah, youre a joke.. shut the fuck up!

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 11-04-2015 02:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh dear... I think you should chill down and take a break really! Go outside and get some friends or something.
Look who's talking, actually you doing the same thing. :rolleyes:

You should be ChillingW insted of AngryW.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 11-04-2015 02:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 11-04-2015 03:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Do you really think, ruining other's post like this is good? Is that helpful for other people? I don't think so.
Do you want to ruin this post too? Is that a good idea? :(
Think about it and chill. You going to being funny again. :)

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 11-04-2015 03:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

now now kids

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-04-2015 03:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Please remove this to the Void... Marinus is just out for spam...

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-04-2015 03:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hes really just out for Beef and Spam...
Feel free to read myPM´s talking with that Guy and you know why i want to smsh his Face!!!
THX

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-04-2015 03:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Better do a rework on your map... But it seems that you have alot todo with your spamming.
Youre just an Idiot, as long as im not dumb as you everthing is fine:D

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-04-2015 04:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Martinus wrote:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.