Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        DayZ replacement.

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: DayZ replacement.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 12-15-2015 08:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Really long story short, there was a group of us ( at times up to 5 ) that would constantly get on dayz and go looting, wear pants in electro ( lol ).... Beyond the incredibly annoying bugs the game was a blast, But once they introduced the temperature and etc it was the breaking point and we stopped playing.

Any of you playing anything that has the same kinda feel?

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 12-15-2015 08:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think pretty much anything else doesn't quite do it. Day Z was epic fun, might try and go back to it sometime this week. I wanna kill Rocket for fucking shit up.

Go have a look at H1Z1 though, RUST is another. The standalone is still meant to be shit.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 12-15-2015 09:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have both DayZ and H1Z1 and they are fun. Let me know, we can team up...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 12-15-2015 09:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DayZ is a perfect example of why buying early access is a joke.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 12-15-2015 09:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
I think pretty much anything else doesn't quite do it. Day Z was epic fun, might try and go back to it sometime this week. I wanna kill Rocket for fucking shit up.

Go have a look at H1Z1 though, RUST is another. The standalone is still meant to be shit.

standalone is what we where playing, and let me tell you.... when we finally got trucks it was amazing! hahah!

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
I have both DayZ and H1Z1 and they are fun. Let me know, we can team up...

Sure! i'm sure i still have you on steam bud!

shaft wrote:
DayZ is a perfect example of why buying early access is a joke.

While you're right, I think it was more of a lack of focus on the management side of things... Rocket decided to out himself shortly into the development and caused quite the stir and fragmentation of the development.

I cant help but really wish, and i mean really wish that they actually stuck to the road map and had the two modes segregated as they were plotted vs executed change of views.

Meh,

I'm actually really looking at rust with its recent update and it seems a little alluring, Frankieonpc1080p even plays it!

Any more thoughts?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-16-2015 05:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm liking the .59 patch. There is still a lot of glitchy stuff. But that has never discouraged me from playing. The zombies react better and the potential for hordes in big cities is cool.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-16-2015 05:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I really wish they would get the base building element of the game working. Even something as simple as a plot pole with the ability to cover windows and add your own lockable doors to existing buildings would be great.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 12-16-2015 05:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AmIdYfReAk wrote:

standalone is what we where playing, and let me tell you.... when we finally got trucks it was amazing! hahah!

You never played the mod ?, so you never had helis or planes ?

Dude you haven't lived. Nothing quite like kidnapping someone to fill up your chopper tank :D. You could hide in the rear of certain cars too, so when someone would turn up and take you for a drive you could fuck with them by moving their car around whilst they're off looting.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-16-2015 09:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
You could hide in the rear of certain cars too, so when someone would turn up and take you for a drive you could fuck with them by moving their car around whilst they're off looting.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 12-17-2015 08:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:

You never played the mod ?, so you never had helis or planes ?

Dude you haven't lived. Nothing quite like kidnapping someone to fill up your chopper tank :D. You could hide in the rear of certain cars too, so when someone would turn up and take you for a drive you could fuck with them by moving their car around whilst they're off looting.

Yeah, we where only playing the standalone...

Figured that was the correct path to go considering the mod development was dead and they where focusing on the standalone, turns out we where right in a way but vastly wrong in another.

Bought rust last night and was playing with a buddy. Similar but different game play, Almost like mine craft for building and etc.
Managed to find a huge sward and went wondering, ~15 mins later a bunch of people started attacking us ( we may have wondered to their fort? i'm not sure TBH ) Killed 8 of them while fleeing and got away.
Had a few good laughs. :)

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 12-17-2015 09:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How many millions did they make the first week of early access before Rocket took it and ran?

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 12-17-2015 10:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I blame Bohemia for that. They gave a modder that could barely mod a bucket of money and said 'best of luck'. After all this time you still can't reload the chopper gun without crashing the game !, most of the time it was the community fixing his latest crapped out build.

I was thinking it was Bohemia that gave Rocket the boot, so that they'd take over the project and actually get shit done, like what happened to Bondi. Still little progress though, from what I hear.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-17-2015 02:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

but let's not forget that it's been BI who have been adding a load of pointless shit (like a shitty truck that barely runs) instead of fixing the things that need fixing, like the worst zombies in any videogame ever, and the atrocious desync that turns every firefight into a crap shoot

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 12-17-2015 04:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Woah Woah, While you're correct shaft... I do feel as though Los has a valid point.
One of the main reasons Rocket left the point was slow development and a constant and lack of direction, While rocket leaving was a less then ideal thing I definitely cant fault the guy for wanting out of the constant frustration and ridicule the game was getting due to the aforementioned issues.

But yeah, adding the trucks while awesome was more of a band aid to try and hang on to a fleeting player base.... but honestly it was a good bit of fun to run people over...... when it wasn't randomly flipping, blowing up, or flat out going vertical.. hah!

Going to get some more rust time in tonight, checked out some videos and etc to see the building system... May get to build my own little shack! ( take that dayZ! )

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 12-17-2015 07:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
but let's not forget that it's been BI who have been adding a load of pointless shit (like a shitty truck that barely runs) instead of fixing the things that need fixing, like the worst zombies in any videogame ever, and the atrocious desync that turns every firefight into a crap shoot

I havn't played the standalone, I've kept an eye on the dev from the mod stage though.

Sounds just like the mod tbh, after something breaks it'll just get ignored. I thought BI would have had some proper structure for creating games :shrug:. ARMA III was built pretty sharpish.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 12-18-2015 12:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Miscreated is a brutal, post-apocalyptic, survival-based, multiplayer online game unlike anything you've played before. It is being developed using CryEngine.

http://miscreatedgame.com/

watched some dudes playing for a minute, but haven't tried it.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-18-2015 01:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

looks like another Rust from here

props for cryengine tho

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 12-18-2015 02:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Couple of friends (who left Dayz/H1Z1/Ark/Rust) are playing Hurtworld right now and enjoying it.

The exile zombies mod for Arma 3 looks great if they pull it off: http://customcombatgaming.com/forums/in ... r-zombies/. DayZ was a standalone game built off the Arma 2 engine.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-18-2015 03:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

standalone was built on the Take On Helicopters engine

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 12-19-2015 02:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
standalone was built on the Take On Helicopters engine

That was the Arma II engine (RV3)?, Day Z was built in Enfusion which appears to be a bastardised RV3.

I heard it was a mash up of the Arma II and Arma III engine but I can't find anything on that.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-19-2015 02:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah the TOH engine was an offshoot of Arma 2

am surprised more people haven't played Arma 3 Chernarus Wasteland. Arma 2 Wasteland was crack

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 12-21-2015 08:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A few days I to rust, I'm actually enjoying it...

Set up a server just to learn and build stuff on and it has soo much less of a learning curve than dayz.

So far enjoying it, almost at the point to go out and start hitting up pub servers and start raiding!!

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-21-2015 08:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

6 of us spent a few hours yesterday on hi-pops between Kamy and Solnichniy doing some killing. We racked up quite a body count between suicidal/aggressive Bambis and geared players. Lots of fun for sure.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-21-2015 08:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"bambis"

someone's been watching Frankie

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-21-2015 08:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
6 of us spent a few hours yesterday on hi-pops between Kamy and Solnichniy doing some killing. We racked up quite a body count between suicidal/aggressive Bambis and geared players. Lots of fun for sure.

Grow up.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-21-2015 09:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
"bambis"

someone's been watching Frankie

Yes. However the term bambi has become a part the DayZ vernacular. So even though Frankie may have coined the term, he may not be the direct influence.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-21-2015 11:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fresh spawns, bro :!:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-21-2015 11:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also, freshy, new spawn or unarmed player. You choose.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-21-2015 01:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

btw if you like good DayZ (or Arma in general) vids, these are good:

https://www.youtube.com/user/paycer (mostly snippets of funny shit)
https://www.youtube.com/user/DaSquirrelsNuts (more serious, squad-based stuff - look in playlists)

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 12-21-2015 02:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:

We used to always do the loop, Spawn, Get some food, Run as the crow flies to the northern air field ( I was really, Really good at it.... Really good ) Kit up, Run south and troll the southern sea board ( wearing pants ) looking for players.
It was SO much fun, Even though at times it was upwards of 45mins-2 hours to get ready PRIOR To hunting!

Thats the stuff We miss man....

Doombrain wrote:
YourGrandpa wrote:

Grow up.

heh.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-21-2015 08:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

On again tonight searching for cars. Today's "Christmas Tree" hot fix reset all the cars again. That's the second time since .59 release that we've had our cars reset. At least this time it didn't wipe the tents. :disgust:

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 12-22-2015 10:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
yeah the TOH engine was an offshoot of Arma 2

am surprised more people haven't played Arma 3 Chernarus Wasteland. Arma 2 Wasteland was crack

Just started playing Arma 3 Wasteland with some friends. We tried it when we first got Arma a couple of months ago but I thought it was a bit boring personally just going around capping territory. We've now tried a server with lots of missions on and am liking it a lot so far :up:.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 12-24-2015 12:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Two patches on rust since my last post, nothing broken... built a house, a power miner, and a power oil drill, house, and livin the high life :)

Getting the hang of this! ha!

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 06-16-2016 12:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

.60 has been released to stable. :up:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.