Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The last movie you saw

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 05-28-2015 12:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

if i do see it, it won't be for any so-called feminist credentials

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 05-28-2015 12:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:

http://jezebel.com/the-new-mad-max-film ... 1705273679

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-28-2015 12:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

2D or 3D for Mad Max?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 05-28-2015 04:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
seremtan wrote:

http://jezebel.com/the-new-mad-max-film ... 1705273679

i also won't see it for its absence of feminist credentials

everyone really needs to calm the fuck down

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 05-29-2015 02:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Watched it again.

What a lovely day :D. Still amaze.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 05-29-2015 06:20 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

2D or 3D damnit?!

Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 05-29-2015 06:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

never, ever 3d

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-29-2015 10:40 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Indeed

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 05-29-2015 11:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I might just have to watch it again :D

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 05-30-2015 04:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aw yeah, IMAX tickets booked for tomorrow.

So listen, I've never been to an IMAX before, is it justifiably better than the cinema, because the tickets were £10 more than a regular cinema ticket, which seems like a chunk of cash for what I assume is just a bigger screen. Or is it massively bigger with other shit thrown in, too?

PostPosted: 05-30-2015 05:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

depends if it's a real imax dome or not. The ones in the states I've been to were 270 degree domes which make you feel like you're flying. The imax's I've been to in asia are just extra large screens/soundsystems.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 05-30-2015 05:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Definitely a real one, only reason I know is because I saw a review of it saying it's not a fake Imax with a large screen.

So the screen curves around you? This sounds fucking brilliant.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 05-30-2015 05:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh wow, biggest screen in the UK apparently. Still, that might not mean much, the UK is definitely lightyears behind every other country in the world as far as entertainment seems to go.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 05-30-2015 06:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:
Oh wow, biggest screen in the UK apparently. Still, that might not mean much, the UK is definitely lightyears behind every other country in the world as far as entertainment seems to go.

Yeah we have IMAX in Cardiff but it's "fake" - I am off to Singapore in Sept so I'll try a real one out there

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 05-31-2015 09:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So, Mad Max is pretty fucking brilliant. Possibly the most visceral film I've ever seen, and the lack of dialogue is perfect.

Only downside is that the IMAX was 3d, which I didn't know. I've never watched a 3D film before, and it turns out they're terribly obstructive and make everything look shit.

Testament, actually, to how good the film was that I was still able to enjoy it despite the stupid fucking glasses on my head wrecking everything and making it blurry.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-05-2015 01:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ex Machina (2015)

Quote:
A young programmer is selected to participate in a breakthrough experiment in artificial intelligence by evaluating the human qualities of a breathtaking female A.I.

IMDB

Yes, I got the chance to watch this last night.
A little slow in the opening but then understanding where it was headed I was impressed.

I love sci-fi and this filled a little gap in recent times. I am not rating it highly as I'd describe it as a little slow but add points for provoking thought :up: so watch if you get the opportunity.

7/10

Last edited by Whiskey 7 on 08-04-2015 03:43 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 06-10-2015 03:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
2D or 3D damnit?!

I watched it in 2D.

Still: The best action movie I've ever seen.

10/10

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-12-2015 02:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Water Diviner (2014)

Quote:
Storyline
After the Battle of Gallipoli, in 1915, an Australian farmer, Connor (Russell Crowe), travels to Turkey to find his 3 missing sons. While staying at a hotel in Istanbul, he meets Ayshe (Olga Kurylenko), the hotel manager. And tries to find a way to Gallipoli.

IMDB

First time viewing and I been meaning to for a while.
I was pleasantly surprised by this one so IMO, well worth the view if you get a chance.
8/10

Do the chickens have large talons?
Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 06-13-2015 09:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Went to the Jurassic World premier last night in regular D, i'll give the first 115min a 9/10 and the last 5 minutes a 1/10. The movie was pretty cool and not as cheesy as the previews made it out to be. Like the Avengers movies, they tried to add in humor through shitty dialogue which I don't really care for. There were a couple funny parts because the one-liner was decent.
the ending though... when the dinosaurs are nodding to each other and to Owen, in some sort of stoic gesture of respect... fucking come on. Also making a 22 year old jeep run, somehow, with 22 year old gas, oil, and tires... no.
Also a downside to seeing a premier is having to sit in a packed theater filled with your typical consumers who cheer and clap when something happens in the movie. I should have waited a few weeks lol

overall 8/10, not as good as Jurassic Park but still pretty fun to watch.

i did almost die laughing when the asian scientist said "cuttlefish". reminded me of when it's said in south park in the humancentipad episode. Unfortunately no one else in the theater laughed so it was just me cracking up :)

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-13-2015 02:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Chappie (2015)

Quote:
In the near future, crime is patrolled by a mechanized police force. When one police droid, Chappie, is stolen and given new programming, he becomes the first robot with the ability to think and feel for himself.
IMDB

Yes, sat down to this last night and although slow to start it finished well IMO.
With an interesting moral dilemma or two to consider it was well worth the watch.
The CGI was well done but that is what you expect these days.
7.5/10

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 06-13-2015 02:35 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

chappie was awful

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-13-2015 05:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
Went to the Jurassic World premier last night in regular D, i'll give the first 115min a 9/10 and the last 5 minutes a 1/10. The movie was pretty cool and not as cheesy as the previews made it out to be. Like the Avengers movies, they tried to add in humor through shitty dialogue which I don't really care for. There were a couple funny parts because the one-liner was decent.
the ending though... when the dinosaurs are nodding to each other and to Owen, in some sort of stoic gesture of respect... fucking come on. Also making a 22 year old jeep run, somehow, with 22 year old gas, oil, and tires... no.

A film that splices Dino DNA with snake oil to create a Dino GTI and you have a problem with the functionality of a 20+ yr old jeep ? :D

It was better than good, it was a throwback to the first JP so it deserves props for that and I enjoyed it. Just like any copy though it's not gonna live up to its original.

8/10 seems fair, I did start grinning like a Cheshire in the showdown n all (and yea I do know she's no Usain Bolt but fuck it) >:D

shaft wrote:
chappie was awful

Awful ?, really ?, I thought it was ok as it was worth a watch. Just the cast ruined the entire thing - so much potential.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-13-2015 07:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
chappie was awful

Not awful like losCHUNK says :p

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-14-2015 09:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mad Max was awesome...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 06-14-2015 03:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jurassic World was pretty good.

Also this guys feed. https://mobile.twitter.com/The_Tim_Murphy

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 06-14-2015 06:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kingsman. veddy entertaining

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 06-15-2015 01:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kajaki - 7/10

Thought this was going to be one of those simple war movies with explosions and stuff but instead it's this sickening thing about a squad of dudes who wander into a minefield and proceed to have a very bad day indeed.

Jesus, the screaming and the horror - it's all done quite well for what's clearly not a very high budget movie i thought, but it's not exactly a fun lighthearted watch. Almost turned it off at one point to be honest...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-16-2015 11:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Went and saw Jurassic World mid morning today as nice and quiet in the cinema.
Pretty good I thought. Maybe I had lower expectations. It was entertaining and worth your time.
8/10

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-19-2015 03:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pulp Fiction (1994)

I finally got to watch this movie last night. Have you seen it?

Quote:
Storyline

Jules Winnfield and Vincent Vega are two hitmen who are out to retrieve a suitcase stolen from their employer, mob boss Marsellus Wallace. Wallace has also asked Vincent to take his wife Mia out a few days later when Wallace himself will be out of town. Butch Coolidge is an aging boxer who is paid by Wallace to lose his next fight. The lives of these seemingly unrelated people are woven together comprising of a series of funny, bizarre and uncalled-for incidents

IMDB

An interesting read about the the non-linear narrative here.
Confusing, annoying or pointless, I don't know but it captivated me for the length of this movie.

The cameo appearance by the Quentin Tarantino had me reading his biography which is rare and adds points.

Interested to read also it was judged the greatest film of the past 25 years (1983-2008) by Entertainment Weekly.

Just maybe a cult classic and must see in your lifetime.
8.5/10

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-19-2015 04:14 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

10/10 I think is what you mean...

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-19-2015 11:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
Kingsman

It is entertaining.
Though it seemed to me like it doesn't really know what type of flick it wants to be. It's pretty brutal in parts, then again childish comedy, sort of coming of age, and S.L. Jackson in one really weird role.
6/10.

Ryoki, how does that story play out? Is it like a confined drama out in the desert? Sounds interesting.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-21-2015 07:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kingsman was rather good, it was like a serious spoof. Completely unexpected and well worth a watch.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-21-2015 10:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Of Jurassic World - people are getting really upset about the Pakisaurus....

England versions say "Get the Paki's back into their cage" or some shit like that.

Fuck you world, you bunch of insufferable wankers. Not everything is designed racist - stop trying to find racism in every little thing because you feel the right to be upset. Cunts.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-21-2015 10:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

How did I miss this ?, I would've howled if I had heard it.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-21-2015 11:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
"Get the Paki's back into their cage"

This would fix a lot of problems in Canada.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.