Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Ark Survival Evolved

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Ark Survival Evolved

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-20-2016 07:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What a fantastic little game. I think if you buy now it's half price but it's an amazing little game even though it's not complete yet. I downloaded the free trial on xbox one and played that and I was hooked. Only problem is that it's so popular that joining a server can be a bit tough at peak times. My only real gripe with it so far though is how it handles logging off, basically your physical body just collapses and goes to sleep until you get back so you're vulnerable to anything and anyone walking by.

I Tried building a thatch hut but they broke through that, built a wooden house and nope, just got killed by some dude while I was sleeping. Which of course blows cause then you're forced to restart at lvl 1 with nothing although that's cause I play on a hardcore server, most servers I think you lose your stuff but keep your levels.

Otherwise it's a great survival style game and the dinosaurs are definitely fun to watch tame and use. I managed to tame a dilophosaurus that spits acid in your face (like Jurassic Park) and it does a great job of keeping would be bandits away from me. I brought the dilo into my wood house last night hoping it would keep raiders at bay but sadly it did not although the guy that killed me was level 60+.

So, I'm wondering if anyone here is playing this game?

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 01-20-2016 07:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

so every time you leave the game someone is going to come and kill you so you lose your sahit? Sounds fantastic.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-20-2016 07:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah pretty much. You can tame dinosaurs to protect your shit though and defenses like turrets and stone or metal walls. You can also form tribes so others can keep guard while you sleep.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 01-20-2016 09:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you missed the second d out of dildo

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-20-2016 09:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Yeah pretty much. You can tame dinosaurs to protect your shit though and defenses like turrets and stone or metal walls. You can also form tribes so others can keep guard while you sleep.

No thanks, I'm not spending a shit-ton of time building up defenses just so I can log off in peace.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-20-2016 10:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How much time do I need to dedicate for this game? Looking for something new, but don't have all day to play...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-20-2016 11:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
you missed the second d out of dildo

it transformed itself into the 'a' in 'sahit'

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-20-2016 11:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
Κracus wrote:

No thanks, I'm not spending a shit-ton of time building up defenses just so I can log off in peace.

Yeah, this seems like a weak attempt to get people addicted to the game, but in reality it'll just drive most people away...

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 01-20-2016 12:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

On the servers I played on with friends (non-hardcore) you kept your level but lost your stuff when you died. As you progress and build bigger bases you can build pin-coded chests etc to stop people stealing all your stuff.

We had an auto turret set-up in the room so anyone who got in would be killed pretty quick.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-20-2016 01:08 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ive got flu

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-21-2016 05:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
How much time do I need to dedicate for this game? Looking for something new, but don't have all day to play...

Depends on the server you play on. You can also host private servers and such so you won't be bothered by people you don't like. Honestly the game is great either way.

I made it through the night last night and my Dilo seemed to have fended off a few attackers as he had 3 more levels of xp. I got 3 more dinos as pets and now have a small army, 3 dilos as protectors and a bigger one that can carry a ton of my shit around. We should make a Quake tribe if you people join up.

Playboy
Playboy
PostPosted: 01-21-2016 05:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sounds gay.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-21-2016 05:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Should be right up your alley... heh.

Playboy
Playboy
PostPosted: 01-21-2016 05:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Literally.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-11-2016 10:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So...

In game I'm on something like day 900 living on the ark island. I started off on a beach and wandered around before being attacked by 3 survivors and ran off into the woods. There I got lost and was starving when I came upon a fire that had meat cooking in it. I scanned around for it's owner but didn't see him so I pilfered the meat and ran off to find a place to settle eventually finding a place near a river that seemed alright. I built a small hut and began scouting my surroundings and discovered this cliffside that only had one way up so I moved my hut to the edge of the cliff and blocked the way up with a massive gate and walls. I felt pretty good there on my own. Eventually other survivors wandered by, most attempted to get in but couldn't but a few did using frogs that jump quite high so I made the walls higher and built my hut out of stone. I started getting some dinos to do the hard labor and things were going well until a tribe called the confederates raided me. They're a huge alpha tribe with far more advanced weapons and dinos than I had.

They didn't however destroy the base, they just took everything and killed my dinos so I started from scratch and came upon a friendly survivor so I invited him to join me. Together we built up, got more dinos and filled all my chests to the brim with gear and supplies. We even got ourselves a T-Rex that we promptly began wandering around with for protection. The Rex must have instilled fear in most survivors as we soon became the go-to tribe for protection in the southern area of the island. The confederates came back and attacked us again but this time I had built guns and turrets around the base so they couldn't get in the base but they were able to shoot from long range. We lost our dinos that day but nothing was taken from the base and they left.

We got more dinos again, including another Rex and despite our weakness no one dared attack us and a few other tribes we'd helped came to our aid and we wound up amalgamating them into our tribe.

Yesterday the confederates came back, attempting to sneak up on us as we were constructing our warship on the river next to our base but I saw them from far. I wear a Ghilli suit now and snuck up on the would be confederate attacker and managed to severely hurt him but he got away from me on one of their frog mounts. It was the first time we were able to force them to leave us and they killed nothing. Our dinos are now secure in a huge pen with a roof.

A new tribe called the Spartans captured my noobish brother who had joined the server. Not knowing he was my brother they put him in a jail cell and kept him sedated with narcotics while draining his blood to make bloodpacks that they use as health boosters. We found out about this and made our way to their base with our Rex and a few Pterodactyls and demanded they release him but they refused feeling they were safe in their stone base. We'd brought grenades with us however and made quick work of one of their doors, fought our way in a freed my brother. As a show of mercy I spared their lives in exchange for one of their dinos as compensation for their aggression but they refused so we killed all their dinos and looted the base. They barely escaped on a ship they had built that was well defended. Feeling victorious we returned to our base.

The next day we discovered they were building across the river from us and I demanded they move as we go there to harvest metal and they of course refused. We managed to sneak up on them though and board their boat and destroyed everything inside and again, looted everything and killed any of them we saw.

Having heard of our victory over the Spartans, other tribes who'd be raided by them began moving close to my fortress, building small huts and homes outside of our turrets range but close enough to get protection from us so a small village of people have started gathering near us. We're ok with that as we have an agreement to allow us to pass through there for our resources and we trade with these people in exchange for help when they get attacked. Even the bigger tribes now check with us when disputes happen in the southern island before acting.

Soon we'll be gearing up with a war brontosaurus and hopefully a gigasaurus with a platform built on it's back complete with auto turrets and a minigun to rain destruction on the confederates who thus far has kept their distance from us.

If anyone here has bought this game, come join us on server 386, it's really epic amounts of fun.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 02-11-2016 06:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
So...

we killed all their dinos ... and again, looted everything and killed any of them we saw.

Soon we'll be gearing up with a war brontosaurus and hopefully a gigasaurus

I knew you were the sort who likes to torture animals. Sicko. :down: >:(

fuck you

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-12-2016 03:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, seriously puff if you've got an xbone you should download the free trial. Only lasts an hour but that's all it took for me to get hooked.

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 02-12-2016 12:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This game strikes me as one that's way easier to play on a PC than a console. Mind you, I can't stand FPS's on a console either.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-13-2016 03:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You're probably right.

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 02-13-2016 07:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Maybe they've tweaked the console controls but the crafting/building on the PC was challenging at the best of times :D.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-02-2016 04:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

While Ark is still in Early Access, the developers have already released a €20 DLC pack before the base game is even finished.

The most hilarious thing is that on Steam, the game currently has a 40% discount, which means that right now, the base game is €3 euros cheaper than the DLC :olo:
source

redline
redline
PostPosted: 09-02-2016 07:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
While Ark is still in Early Access, the developers have already released a €20 DLC pack before the base game is even finished.

The most hilarious thing is that on Steam, the game currently has a 40% discount, which means that right now, the base game is €3 euros cheaper than the DLC :olo:
source

Devs probably don't care about this at all, that game is raking in!

35,640 online now
35,640 peak today
84,961 all-time peak

#10 most played game on Steam right now.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 09-04-2016 03:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah disregard anything I've ever said about this game. It's shit and not worth your time.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.