Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        We need a new vacuum cleaner, help me choose

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: We need a new vacuum cleaner, help me choose

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 01-31-2016 04:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Our house is mostly carpeted. We don't have pets or allergies so that's not essential. Bagless would be preferred. What do you fucks use to clean your houses? Geoff?

I'm thinking the Bosch BGS5PET2GB or am I a moron?

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-31-2016 05:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dyson dyson dyson. Sucks like a whore and 5 YEAR WARRANTY bro.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-31-2016 07:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

what's so great about the bosch?

does this meet your needs? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Morphy-Richards ... ref=sr_1_1?

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 01-31-2016 07:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I heard Dyson's were just marketing hype nowadays :shrug:. I'd go for a Henry or Miele Cat & Dog - I know you said you don't have pets, but I guess it means it'll pick-up even the stubbon stuff.

I've got a Henry which gets thrown around, knocked over, and ran upside down and it never seems to give in. The motor died once but I bought a new one for £40; they're designed to be easily serviced :up:.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-31-2016 07:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yep, I've got a Dyson Animal or something like that. It great.

Of course, we should probably consult the forum housewife. Geoffry...?

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 01-31-2016 08:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have a BEAM Alliance 700TC and a Dyson DC10 that's lasted about 8yrs.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 01-31-2016 10:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 01-31-2016 10:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was thinking the bosch because the build quality on our washing machine is fucking great, I buy a lot of their pro power tools too and I really rate them highly.

I'd heard bad things about the modern dysons and I don't like the look of the one with the ball. My old hoover is a Dyson DC03 or something which was great but it's burned a huge horrible rubber mark on the cream carpet and it's just become too unreliable to use without mishap.

I dismissed Henry because I thought they used bags? guess I'm wrong on that. British made too. He could be a winner.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 01-31-2016 10:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

plained wrote:
http://www.beamvac.com/en-CA/Productcatalog/Productsseries/Power-Units/Serenity/

Bookmarked for when we buy our house in France :up:

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 01-31-2016 10:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:

I have to say I'm hugely skeptical of cordless vacuums. Any personal experience with them?

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 01-31-2016 10:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
I dismissed Henry because I thought they used bags? guess I'm wrong on that. British made too. He could be a winner.

I run mine without a bag and it works fine. There's a big filter in the housing between the motor and the hose so nothing's going to get sucked up into the motor - just wash that every so often. It has a very long cord which is extremely handy too.

How can you turn down that cute face? :clownboat:.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 01-31-2016 10:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Get the Bosch.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 01-31-2016 10:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

plained wrote:
http://www.beamvac.com/en-CA/Productcatalog/Productsseries/Power-Units/Serenity/

Do you have a VacPan in your kitchen? Those are the shit.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-31-2016 11:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:

:up:

One of these gave me blowjob lips for 2 days

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 01-31-2016 11:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
I have to say I'm hugely skeptical of cordless vacuums. Any personal experience with them?

Yeah... They suck...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-31-2016 11:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
seremtan wrote:

none whatsoever, but that one has an average 4.5 stars from >1200 reviews, which isn't bad going considering people will mark a product down 1 star just because they didn't like delivery guy's hair. i haven't been burned by good reviews yet on amazon :up:

plained
plained
PostPosted: 01-31-2016 11:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
we buy our house in France :up:

Live the dream! :up: <3

if u want to get a central type vac later on if you go direct to a brick and mortar dealer you can buy only the pieces you need

a la cart if you will

i like the cheap ass ultra light weight hose and the superlight nylon wands and horsehair hard floor attachments.

easier to closet away and less cumbersome to use.

i dont see the nylon wands on the site anymore but maybe they still have them, the quality was awesome, all non-recycled, rigid lightweight and non marking.

and the unit itself sucks like a mofo and it can vent to the outside

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 01-31-2016 11:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Get the Hoover Max Extract® 60 Pressure Pro.

Do some research, its a little costly but an amazing value for what it does, also, make sure you get the filter. Don't forget the filter.

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 01-31-2016 01:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
phantasmagoria wrote:

Yeah... They suck...

:olo: :up:

no comments yet on the funniest post goof has ever produced?

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-31-2016 01:29 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

if you want one thats going to last get the Miele. i have one i use for the car, its 25 years old.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-31-2016 01:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Didn't know Miele did cleaners, I know their white goods are bomb proof. Stupidly good.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 01-31-2016 02:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i have a 2nd gen kirby that sucks n blows and a 3rd gen kirby that only sucks, i use the 2nd gen to dust off my PC

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 01-31-2016 02:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm liking the look of the Miele C3 now

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-31-2016 02:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:

First response is the best advice. I have had the Dyson brand for years. I too started on the DC02. My second was the one my Mum & Dad purchased on my advice. I think it was the year after mine model.

Some years later they were about to throw it out 'cause it wasn't sucking :smirk: It was like new so I grabbed it off the truck going to the rubbish tip for spares. Weeks later it took it to the Dyson repair shop I'd found. Yes, you probably guessed, just a small $10 gasket was dislodged. I offered them it back but they'd already bought a Miele :smirk:

Well both lasted 10+ years or is that 15. Anyway, one day visiting the local electrical retailer I noticed the new Dyson on sale and something like 30% off. I couldn't leave without one.

So at one time I had 3 Dyson vacuum cleaners. Today just the two. The original just would not die so I gave it to the local charity shop on moving house 3 years ago.

My advice, grab a Dyson :up:

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 01-31-2016 03:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
I'm liking the look of the Miele C3 now

ao.com will likely be one of the cheapest places for these. If you do find it cheapest elsewhere they price match as well :up:.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 02-01-2016 02:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Comparatively speaking, bagless are no good compared to bagged vacuums. There's been a bunch of AMA threads over the past few years from a vacuum repair guy that got hugely popular on Reddit. His candour and writing style are oddly endearing for some reason. Check out some of these for suggestions on what to look out for.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 02-01-2016 02:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just spent far more time reading that than i probably should have :up:

Quote:
What is your opinion of used Kirbys?

Quote:
They make great boat anchors.

:olo:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-01-2016 03:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kirbiy's are quality
My Dyson DC14 is still going strong after 8 years, though I did just get it serviced and it's like new again.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 02-01-2016 06:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The reddit AMA was fascinating.

Gone with the Miele C3 and got an additional turbobrush to go with it.

Thanks Quake3World!

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 02-01-2016 06:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Have fun sucking :clownboat:.

This thread must be the equivalent of a booty thread for Geoff.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 02-01-2016 07:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
seremtan wrote:

Not good for your main machine, but for quick pick ups around the house it really shows its value in the end. Light to carry around with no hassle. The idea of pluging in a vacuum and strategizing its position and handling somehow has a very strong mental connection with effort.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 02-01-2016 01:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

vesp wrote:
no comments yet on the funniest post goof has ever produced?

Maybe to a 3rd grader. :alert:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-01-2016 02:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i think that was the point he was making, numbnuts

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-06-2018 12:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bump @vac3world

I'm in search of a vacuum that can take care of hardwood floors as well as the carpeted floors of my office and master bedroom. I have pet/year-round allergies and our cat is super active so HEPA certification is a must.

Right now my cleaning routine consists of a canister Bissell for the hardwood areas, a handheld Shark for carpeted rooms (only useful for surface gunk, doesn't get rid of hairs/fur tangled in the carpet), and a Bissell steam mop with a carpet glider.

Upright vs canister is not a deal-breaker, but I would love the convenience of an upright. Don't care much for cordless vacs, they can barely run 5 minutes at full power and the batteries die within a year :down:

One of the Christmas gifts my work is offering is a Dyson V10 Motorhead, but based on reading reviews it seems to lack proper carpet-munching capability.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 12-06-2018 09:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.