Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        First map ever - Technical Damnation

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: First map ever - Technical Damnation

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 02-02-2016 04:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Welcome.

I've started to get into Radiant these days and I really like it. I've been mapping for Doom for years now, but the freedom true 3D gives after it is really rewarding I think.
Please note that it's my first map so it's really unprofessional and I'd like to get some feedback, what I should change, what I should take care of later, etc. Would like to learn Q3 mapping in detail.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/12a1pn

Some screens:

Thanks in advance.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 02-02-2016 11:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello.

In my opinion:
- the texture usage is too simple (monotone)
- too much ammo (and too much on one place)
- bots spend a lot of time to collect all the armor shards under the water (make them easy target for free frags)
- don't forget to make a txt file (example: http://lvlworld.com/txt/sample-readme.txt)

The gameplay is ok I think (good for duels).
Spend a bit more time to the brush work and for the texture usage.

Keep it up :up: .

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 02-02-2016 04:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Martinus wrote:
Hello.

In my opinion:
- the texture usage is too simple (monotone)
- too much ammo (and too much on one place)
- bots spend a lot of time to collect all the armor shards under the water (make them easy target for free frags)
- don't forget to make a txt file (example: http://lvlworld.com/txt/sample-readme.txt)

The gameplay is ok I think (good for duels).
Spend a bit more time to the brush work and for the texture usage.

Keep it up :up: .

Thanks! I know my texturing can be really monotone sometimes, it's my major weakness actually.
Will keep these in mind.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-04-2016 10:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Texturing isn't entirely bad to be honest. It's a very vanilla Q3 look but that's not a bad thing.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 02-05-2016 03:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Texturing isn't entirely bad to be honest. It's a very vanilla Q3 look but that's not a bad thing.

Thanks!
To be honest, I didn't really want to get away from vanilla yet since I'd like to feel comfortable with at least the vanilla textures. Then onto something new.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.