Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Making a pk3 for Quake Live

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Making a pk3 for Quake Live

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 02-17-2016 06:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello.
I made my first map on gtkRadiant, but i still don't know how do make the final package and upload it into Steam workshop. The question is, i don't get it how because i was reading the worldspawn's level design tutorial and one of the chapters was the pk3 making. But some how i simple don't know it this apply to quake live too.

Anyways, some fo you dudes can tell how i can make a pk3?

Edit : Here it is http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =626699963
Again, thanks!

Last edited by The_Sh33p on 02-18-2016 08:41 PM, edited 1 time in total.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-17-2016 09:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Same for QL.
I always use the mappacker included in Q3MAP2TOOLZ, just one click and ready ;)
I hope this will help you with your Workshop-uploading: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =539821860

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 02-17-2016 02:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AndyW wrote:
Same for QL.
I always use the mappacker included in Q3MAP2TOOLZ, just one click and ready ;)
I hope this will help you with your Workshop-uploading: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =539821860

Is that tool include in the actual radiant package?
gonna check, sounds a bit hard, anyways, thanks! :)

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 02-19-2016 04:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No, it is 3rd party tool mainly made to intuitive GUI controlling the command line tool q3map2 that compiles maps. It also contains bot maker and other useful q3 tools like pk3 mappack maker. I make pk3's manually using my zip packing software, pk3's are just renamed zip files that have pk3 extension rather than zip extension. Try using 7-zip to make pk3 files :up:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-19-2016 06:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

but dont use compression!

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 02-19-2016 10:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

WinRAR

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.