Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Tom Clancy's The Division videos

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Tom Clancy's The Division videos

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-21-2016 02:59 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fu

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-22-2016 02:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I really enjoyed the beta

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-23-2016 04:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Me too and it also seemed loads of things were blocked from the beta. Will be buying.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-23-2016 04:06 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I'm very tempted myself...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-23-2016 04:59 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

But just tempted?

I didn't play the beta, but I'm still not sold. The game just doesn't look interesting...

Last edited by xer0s on 02-24-2016 05:34 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-23-2016 09:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I will keep an eye out for this game, but no more pre-ordering for me.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-24-2016 07:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I played some more to give it a fair shot. It's ok but it's not a full price buy for me. If I saw it for 20$ I might pick it up. The sp missions consist of go here get that and come back. Rinse and repeat. If that was all to the game I would definitely avoid it but the dark zone was a bit of fun. It was irritating to let a group of guys walk by only for them to mow me down once my back was turned. Finding them in a narrow corridor and opening up on them with a heavy machine gun was totally satisfying though.

Some things would get old fast though. Like players jumping in front of you so you marked as rogue and then killing you. Lame. There were other instances of this too. I was shot at a few times just so I'd shoot back to get me in rogue status. Seems you can shoot someone once or twice and not get rogue but enough to make them fight back.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-04-2016 11:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol gg ubi pr team

actual Gamezone 'quote':
Quote:
The Division blows Destiny out of the water with 6.4 million beta players.

http://kotaku.com/the-divisions-new-ant ... 1762884622

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 03-04-2016 12:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wow :olo:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-05-2016 03:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Actually it is much better than Destiny, which I feel is utterly shite. It has everything that should make it a must play for me, but everything is done so badly :/

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-05-2016 07:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
lol gg ubi pr team

[img]
actual Gamezone 'quote':
Quote:
The Division blows Destiny out of the water with 6.4 million beta players.

http://kotaku.com/the-divisions-new-ant ... 1762884622

Oh, FFS. :rolleyes:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-10-2016 12:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's redubbed as Waiting Line Simulator 2016 now :olo:

Quote:
The Division players have hit a bottleneck in the game's beginning sections, in an area where lots of other players gather.

At one point you are required to use a laptop on a table, and it is here where the problems surface. Players are finding it difficult to clip through others, and have also reported that only one player at a time can interact with the laptop. This has resulted in a bottleneck when lots of players are in the room.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... eue-player

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-10-2016 01:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well this is fucking disappointing. I didn't watch past the first 5 minutes, but I don't think I had to. My decision to stop preordering games proves over and over to have been the right call.

Meanwhile I'm playing Path of Exile and Robocraft, both free games. I don't know the last time I bought a $60 AAA game. :down:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-10-2016 02:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
Well this is fucking disappointing. I didn't watch past the first 5 minutes, but I don't think I had to.

lol, at around 6:30 he starts pondering why he even bothered to record almost 30 minutes of footage and just starts talking about completely unrelated things, heh. I turned it off approximately 30 secs after that.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-10-2016 04:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've been playing it, not much else to play anyway and it's not bad. Get a good group of friends to play with and there's a good time to be had, especially in the dark zone if you're not afraid to shoot at other players.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-10-2016 05:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not much else to play? You're smoking crack...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-10-2016 07:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm having fun.
Not really seeing a solid of an argument from him. He is literally on the second mission in that video and those mission were also in the beta which he admitted he already played. Then he complains about some lag and some server issues from them being raped at launch. He also complains about lack of variety in a cover based shooter but really doesn't say what he expects. Some platforming, on rails vehicle, or QTE's? zzz. Also if he is matchmaking and joining games that aren't the same level as you the enemies aren't going to be dropping instantly. It's like diablo, you gotta stick with what you can handle, it's all about the loot hunt.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-10-2016 12:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
He also complains about lack of variety in a cover based shooter but really doesn't say what he expects.

Well he's not a game developer. They should be the ones to innovate, not the player base. All these MMO-lite AAA games are starting to blend together. I think devs are starting to get lazy and are just making games that are safe, rather than taking the risks that a bunch of indie devs on GOG and Steam are doing.

Kracus, go try Superhot. :up:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-10-2016 01:29 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I probably will when it releases on xbox one.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-10-2016 02:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What wrong, you get rusty with FPS games on the PC? :(

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 03-11-2016 04:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yup, I stopped playing FPS on pc's a long time ago. Not that I didn't like them, just that keeping up on specs is a battle I couldn't afford. I still load up the occasional RTS... if my laptop will run it. It is scheduled for release this month though.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 04-12-2016 04:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This game is great.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 04-12-2016 05:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Boring as shit you mean? I stopped playing due to how repetitive it is. Called it in this thread too.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 04-12-2016 05:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doesn't make it the truth though, does it. We all know how you blur the lines.

Also you need friends to play with. I called that.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 04-12-2016 06:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have played with friends. Still got boring, even for my friends. Almost none of us play it anymore. Of course if the only fun to be had in a game is playing with someone else that's a good indication it won't last long.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 04-12-2016 02:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Because you don't have friends.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 04-12-2016 04:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think this game is ultimately going to be a turd. From everything I've read and have personally been told, it doesn't have longevity. Really fun to begin with, but it gets old quick.

Say ello to my l'il frien'
Say ello to my l'il frien'
PostPosted: 04-12-2016 05:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm still enjoying it.

Now I know I'm generalizing here, but it seems like a lot of the comments stating this game is boring or repetitive or has no longevity is from people who have poured 200+ hrs into the game and expecting it to give like Warcraft. I mean 200 hrs and the game was release a month ago, I'd say it did quite well considering it held a person to play that much.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-13-2016 09:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-13-2016 11:48 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Extra Credits often makes good points and explains them well but I just have a hard time taking them seriously as long as they keep that squeeky narrator voice.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-14-2016 01:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, it is kind of annoying.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 04-14-2016 05:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I dunno, it's fine. Me and the guys I play it with have had a fun time so far, the thing for me is it's no where near value for money when you compare it to something like GTA:Online, because the only motivation to do stuff is to get gear to do the same stuff at a harder level, to get more gear, which just isn't that fun for me.

I never really got into Diablo for the same reason, after clocking the story once or twice, the motivation to go back in just wasn't there.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.