Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The last movie you saw

Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 08-01-2015 09:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Babadook

holyfuckcreepy/10

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 08-01-2015 04:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Watched it again; It thrilled me even the second time around:

Mad Max: Fury Road - 10/10

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 08-04-2015 01:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mad Max is excellent, yes - thoroughly enjoyed it as well :up:

Jurassic Park IV 2/10
This film should not have been made. That's all i have to say about it really.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 08-04-2015 04:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How To Train Your Dragon 2 (2014)

It was enjoyable to watch, some of the animation is really jaw-dropping. The plot was derivative as expected, nothing new here.

It's a well made animated feature, but nothing ground-breaking in terms of storytelling.

Extreme evil
Extreme evil
PostPosted: 08-12-2015 09:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Buffalo '66 - 8/10

Dark but funny and engaging. The main character reminded me of Bill Burr a bit. You root for him despite him being a cunt most of the time. Christina Ricci is adorable.

PostPosted: 08-12-2015 09:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Predestination: 8/10 what the fucking fuck?

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-14-2015 02:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Catch Me If You Can (2002)

My first viewing of this. I found it reasonable viewing.
Three major roles played by Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hanks, Christopher Walken done very well lifting my thoughts on the movie.

Worth it? Probably. 7.5/10

IMDB

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 08-16-2015 02:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Finally saw Antman. Better than Captain America or Thor. A couple glaring instances of Comic Book Science, but nothing too fucktarded. Cute movie. Solid 7/10 from me.

Chupacabra
Chupacabra
PostPosted: 09-01-2015 07:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thinking about watching Terminator Genisys or Spy.

Spy got a 94% on Rotten Tomatoes. Is it really that good? I generally find Melissa McCarthy extremely unfunny.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-01-2015 11:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HIGNFY could be improved enormously by getting rid of Paul Merton. i find him utterly unfunny, even though i know that's not a popular opinion

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-01-2015 02:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hislop is ok, and his knowledge of political events is never less than maximum anorak. The point of having Merton on as well is a kind of cliched class thing (like Stephen Fry/Alan Davies on QI) which has gotten old. it's as if the programme makers want to make a 'highbrow' show but are too embarrassed to do it, so they cop out by tossing in some Essex/Sahf Lahndan type into the mix

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-02-2015 02:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I (re-)watched Faster. Someone uploaded it in its entirety to YouTube.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 09-03-2015 04:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What We Do in the Shadows (2014)

It was pretty good.

I think other reviewers give it too much praise. Yes, it's clever in places. It would have been a much more pleasant experience with nicer production values. Also, the pacing in the first half could be faster. It felt too long for a 1h26m movie.

Chupacabra
Chupacabra
PostPosted: 09-03-2015 07:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Chupacabra wrote:
Thinking about watching Terminator Genisys or Spy.

Spy got a 94% on Rotten Tomatoes. Is it really that good? I generally find Melissa McCarthy extremely unfunny.

Went with Terminator Genisys. That was a mistake.

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 09-03-2015 11:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
seremtan wrote:
HIGNFY could be improved enormously by getting rid of Paul Merton. i find him utterly unfunny, even though i know that's not a popular opinion

I'm not a fan. Or Hislop for that matter. Too much of that up one's own arse aura about 'em. Dunno what the fuck they even do outside of that show tbh.
Though I do enjoy the general banter, I watch it for the guests mostly.

I quite like Hislop, but I do find Merton's comedy a little unfunny at times. He seems to go for a similar comedy style to Bill Bailey say (randomness a lot of the time) but Bill is great :/.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-03-2015 01:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bill Bailey > Paul Merton

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-10-2015 11:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anyone seen the latest Maze Runner movie, The Scorch Trials?
I am probably off to see it in the next days but I haven't seen any real reviews :paranoid:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-11-2015 03:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i still can't believe they're thinking of making a Bladerunner remake

redline
redline
PostPosted: 09-11-2015 04:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oldboy (2003)

Damn. Quite good, I liked it. Awesome cinematography, too.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 09-11-2015 09:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

damn, just noticed (must be slow like geoff)

saw a bit of the UK version of Retreat and said to myself, damn Zoe is hot, turns out it's not her but like a duplicate/twin. So i imdb'd Mission Impossible 2 cause i thought it was Zoe Saldana, nope, it's Thandie Newton, then i thought maybe twin sisters ? fuck me, i've been loving Zoe but looking at Thandie all this time, at least i know Zoe is in Avatar/Colombiana.

fuck you

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 09-11-2015 02:04 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anyone care who this perv is creeping on or his tale of mistaken identities?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-12-2015 01:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SoM wrote:
damn, just noticed (must be slow like geoff)

saw a bit of the UK version of Retreat and said to myself, damn Zoe is hot, turns out it's not her but like a duplicate/twin. So i imdb'd Mission Impossible 2 cause i thought it was Zoe Saldana, nope, it's Thandie Newton, then i thought maybe twin sisters ? fuck me, i've been loving Zoe but looking at Thandie all this time, at least i know Zoe is in Avatar/Colombiana.

fuck you

PostPosted: 09-12-2015 02:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Spy was pretty great

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 09-12-2015 08:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:

Totally unpopular. Up until I saw your post, I felt like I was the only one. I haven't watched HIGNFY in years because of my loathing of Merton.

Hislop isn't much better, but he does have a great sense of irony.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 09-12-2015 08:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Teivia: I have a flat next door to Bill Bailey.

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 09-12-2015 08:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Watched these almost back to back. All foreign movies with subtitles.

King of Devil's Island http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/king_of ... sland_2011
Norte The End of History http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/norte_t ... of_history
Mongol http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/mongol

All really excellent. Norte is over 4 hours long!

redline
redline
PostPosted: 09-16-2015 04:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Finally watched Mad Max: Fury Road

Wow. It's completely insane.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 09-16-2015 01:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looper - 5.5 / 10
Not the worst movie I've ever seen but it was incredibly dull. It really dropped the ball when it came to all kinds of neat shit they could have done with time travel and a lot of the things that they wound up doing just made me wonder why (
carving your arm up instead of just getting a tattoo or something, not just locking up a dude for life to take care of the loop from the future
)
Also why would they even bother to introduce telekinesis and then treat it as an afterthought throughout the movie? I completely forgot it was a thing in the movie near the end when suddenly a dude makes shit float and I'm like wtf is going on here?

I expected more. I'm glad I didn't see this in theaters.

PostPosted: 09-16-2015 11:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

remember they send ppl back in time because murder is impossible in the future
> murders wife

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-17-2015 01:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Adventures of Tin Tin: The secret of the Unicorn
Visually, it looks absolutely great. The storyline's a bit flat but it found it enjoyable enough.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 09-17-2015 07:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think the reason why he carved it into his arm instead of getting a tattoo is because tattoos are for cunts.

Extreme evil
Extreme evil
PostPosted: 09-17-2015 07:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Silicone_Milk wrote:
Looper - 5.5 / 10
Not the worst movie I've ever seen but it was incredibly dull.

Huh, I was pleasantly surprised by it. Saw it without expectations and was not bored at all for the 2 hours or so. I liked the interaction between Bruce Willis and the 3rd Rock from the Sun guy. Also thought the ending was cool and unexpected, not very Hollywood. Like an 8/10 for me.

syp0s wrote:
I think the reason why he carved it into his arm instead of getting a tattoo is because tattoos are for cunts.

:olo: :up:

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 09-17-2015 10:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

syp0s wrote:

then why didn't he go with the tattoo?

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 09-17-2015 10:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ALMighty wrote:
Silicone_Milk wrote:
Looper - 5.5 / 10
Not the worst movie I've ever seen but it was incredibly dull.

Huh, I was pleasantly surprised by it. Saw it without expectations and was not bored at all for the 2 hours or so. I liked the interaction between Bruce Willis and the 3rd Rock from the Sun guy. Also thought the ending was cool and unexpected, not very Hollywood. Like an 8/10 for me.

I also saw it without expectations but spent the whole film waiting for something interesting to start to happen. The entire film felt like a build-up to something cool and it just ends. The ending had me going "well that was incredibly pointless".

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 09-17-2015 04:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pretty much that ^

The film feels like waiting in a queue for a carnival ride

also:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.