Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Free music maker?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Free music maker?

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 03-13-2016 03:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not much level editing, but somewhat connected with level making. I am asking for some freeware music maker. Audacity is good for sound effects, but music needs to be eigther downloaded or created. I see only pissed out variations online, so I decided make some loops myself, but I do not have a creator and don't want to give money for something, that simply will be offered free to download. And I also do not want trial & demo 30-days versions that want to pay after that killing time limit. But it seems there is no chance to get or create some good quality music to maps for free :( Anybody knows about any freeware music maker or some good quality rock samples?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-13-2016 03:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Are you a musician? You could try free trial versions of various DAWs (I use REAPER myself) and collect some free VSTi plugins like drum samplers (EZDrummer2 offers a free 10 day trial) or synth plugins.

There's also a lot of iPad apps that can be used to generate music like Figure or Auxy. Maybe there's PC version or similar programs.

If you like programming: http://www.sonic-pi.net

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-13-2016 07:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I kind of like this one: https://lmms.io/

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-14-2016 07:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I use Studio One.
I'm a (very) amateur musician, but my home recording studio is steadily growing. As with everything else in life, to do something well takes investment in time and cash.
I now have range of condenser and dynamic mics, audio interface and as of yesterday some brand new monitor speakers.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-15-2016 07:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dONKEY wrote:
I use Studio One.
I'm a (very) amateur musician, but my home recording studio is steadily growing. As with everything else in life, to do something well takes investment in time and cash.
I now have range of condenser and dynamic mics, audio interface and as of yesterday some brand new monitor speakers.

I recently subscribed to the YouTube channel and newsletter of the Recording Revolution. It's kind of like a blog thing by Graham Cochrane, a producer who has done professional mixing and mastering work who is able to explain a lot of interesting stuff and show (or let you hear) examples. I really like his doctrine: keep it simple. He says that pretty much all you need is a basic audio setup, a basic compressor plugin and a basic EQ plugin and you're good to go. The rest on top is nice, but ultimately just fluff.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-15-2016 08:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was just looking at his channel. I see he's got Rokit monitor speakers. I was tempted with those, but they are kind off like hi fi speakers. Too much bass, not flat enough.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 03-16-2016 08:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

https://openmpt.org/ -Open Modplug Tracker. I used a lot of this in the past.
You'll need to get samples.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 03-16-2016 08:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Martinus, I only use that to make UT music mostly, and to convert tracker music into WAVs for use in id Techs.

Also I use LMMS a lot, and I used to use Soundation in the past.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.