Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Issues with dedicated quake server on linux

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Issues with dedicated quake server on linux

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-10-2015 07:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The server starts and I can connect to it all seems fine until the game ends in any manner the server doesn't error out just stops game ends the server doesn't load the next map in the map rotation it just sits there

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 04-29-2015 12:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Check your server's config file ".cfg" , maybe you have disabled map rotation or set it to shut down after game is over.
The server shuts down after a game or just crashes during a game?

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 04-30-2015 04:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-08-2016 12:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't know if this is a problem with the server itself, but...

I have a server set up on an Arch VM which works fine for the standard game, but when I try to run the Rocket Arena 3 (RA3180) mod, I get 'can't open 'maps/ra3map1.aas''. I don't see anything in the cfg files which might contribute to this, and I created a maps directory with hard-linked versions of the map files and moved it around within the quake3 tree to see if I could fix the problem in this way. This said, it appears to find the actual map files, so I suspect that it's looking for a resource within the map file itself.

I set the VM up to allow me to create a known working x86 server setup which I can then run user mode under QEMU on on of my Raspberry Pi's (also running Arch). Don't ask me why. However, I'd *really* like to get Rocket Arena going.

Oh, it's a 32-bit installation, and the server annouces itse;f as follows: 'ioq3 1.36_GIT_1f67038-2016-04-05 linux-x86'.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.