Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        This... is pretty freaking impressive.

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: This... is pretty freaking impressive.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 04-15-2016 10:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

https://www.captionbot.ai/

Yeah so you upload some random photo to it and it tells you what it is. I've tried a few photos of my bike and car it was spot on.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 04-15-2016 11:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-15-2016 11:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Try Google Photos as well. I use it as backup solution for my photos. You can search using any terms you like, such as "Beach" and it'll show you all pictures of a beach or taken at a beach. It's quite nifty. It even recognizes car brands.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 04-15-2016 11:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Computer vision object recognition is becoming so good it's actually creepy.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 04-15-2016 01:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I'm quite impressed. I never thought we'd see this type of stuff in my lifetime.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 04-15-2016 02:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you can also see a GTI one day, your life will be complete :up:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 04-15-2016 02:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Spot on caption bot. Spot on.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-15-2016 02:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I tried a couple of my obscure photos I like to take and

My three pictures

 a clothes dryer - it said, 'a white toilet sitting next to a microwave'

 some Lego blocks - it said, 'not confident but I think it is a remote control'

 an old steam locomotive and a man circa 1930's - it said, 'man next to a train and he looks unhappy'.
Not bad considering it was probably taken in the depression years.

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 04-15-2016 02:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ToxicBug wrote:

Something tells me that will be run on CCTV camera soon to track people's whereabouts :shrug:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-15-2016 03:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Soon? LOL.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-15-2016 03:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Moron..

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-15-2016 11:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PhoeniX wrote:
ToxicBug wrote:

Something tells me that will be run on CCTV camera soon to track people's whereabouts :shrug:

I don't know how common it is yet but in the city center of Rotterdam there's a CCTV system that does non stop facial recognition and behavioral analysis. It's capable of marking people as potential threats (agression/misbehavior/etc) based and their behavior. Scary shit, no?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-16-2016 02:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-16-2016 02:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
in the city center of Rotterdam there's a CCTV system that does non stop facial recognition and behavioral analysis. It's capable of marking people as potential threats (agression/misbehavior/etc) based and their behavior.

most people have one of those; it's called a brain

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 04-16-2016 05:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
I don't know how common it is yet but in the city center of Rotterdam there's a CCTV system that does non stop facial recognition and behavioral analysis. It's capable of marking people as potential threats (agression/misbehavior/etc) based and their behavior. Scary shit, no?

Facial recognition is increasingly common, don't think they release numbers on how many but i know there's at least a few of those in Amsterdam too. The behavioral analysis bit is news to me though, cool stuff (and yes a little scary too).

London's inner city has been plastered chock full of this tech for years i think.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 04-16-2016 08:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
PhoeniX wrote:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.