Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        This... is pretty freaking impressive.

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: This... is pretty freaking impressive.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 04-15-2016 10:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

https://www.captionbot.ai/

Yeah so you upload some random photo to it and it tells you what it is. I've tried a few photos of my bike and car it was spot on.

Finno-Persian Legend
Finno-Persian Legend
PostPosted: 04-15-2016 11:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-15-2016 11:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Try Google Photos as well. I use it as backup solution for my photos. You can search using any terms you like, such as "Beach" and it'll show you all pictures of a beach or taken at a beach. It's quite nifty. It even recognizes car brands.

redline
redline
PostPosted: 04-15-2016 11:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Computer vision object recognition is becoming so good it's actually creepy.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 04-15-2016 01:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I'm quite impressed. I never thought we'd see this type of stuff in my lifetime.

Finno-Persian Legend
Finno-Persian Legend
PostPosted: 04-15-2016 02:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you can also see a GTI one day, your life will be complete :up:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 04-15-2016 02:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Spot on caption bot. Spot on.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-15-2016 02:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I tried a couple of my obscure photos I like to take and

My three pictures

 a clothes dryer - it said, 'a white toilet sitting next to a microwave'

 some Lego blocks - it said, 'not confident but I think it is a remote control'

 an old steam locomotive and a man circa 1930's - it said, 'man next to a train and he looks unhappy'.
Not bad considering it was probably taken in the depression years.

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 04-15-2016 02:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ToxicBug wrote:

Something tells me that will be run on CCTV camera soon to track people's whereabouts :shrug:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 04-15-2016 03:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Soon? LOL.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 04-15-2016 03:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Moron..

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-15-2016 11:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PhoeniX wrote:
ToxicBug wrote:

Something tells me that will be run on CCTV camera soon to track people's whereabouts :shrug:

I don't know how common it is yet but in the city center of Rotterdam there's a CCTV system that does non stop facial recognition and behavioral analysis. It's capable of marking people as potential threats (agression/misbehavior/etc) based and their behavior. Scary shit, no?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-16-2016 02:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-16-2016 02:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
in the city center of Rotterdam there's a CCTV system that does non stop facial recognition and behavioral analysis. It's capable of marking people as potential threats (agression/misbehavior/etc) based and their behavior.

most people have one of those; it's called a brain

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 04-16-2016 05:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
I don't know how common it is yet but in the city center of Rotterdam there's a CCTV system that does non stop facial recognition and behavioral analysis. It's capable of marking people as potential threats (agression/misbehavior/etc) based and their behavior. Scary shit, no?

Facial recognition is increasingly common, don't think they release numbers on how many but i know there's at least a few of those in Amsterdam too. The behavioral analysis bit is news to me though, cool stuff (and yes a little scary too).

London's inner city has been plastered chock full of this tech for years i think.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 04-16-2016 08:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
PhoeniX wrote:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com